Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Rear Light Cluster

Halloween Jack

Getting condensation build up in rear light cluster of 2007 Focus.

Anybody else have this ?

Don't know if this is supposed to happen ?

Anybody else have this ?

well i wouldnt other going to ford as they stae and often do in the handbook that condensation in the front and rear lights is normal and a result of the heat from bulbs on the plastic then the cold air causing condensation and recommend that after 45 mins of driving with the lights on it will clearup ide check the seal on the lights and remove them to see if water is draining behind them while they are off leave them in the house for a bit or use a hairdryer to dry them up condensation is fine puddles in the lights is a different story as to wether its typical on an 07 plate i cant say i have a mk1 y reg 2001 and it doesnt happen on mine

well i wouldnt other going to ford as they stae and often do in the handbook that condensation in the front and rear lights is normal and a result of the heat from bulbs on the plastic then the cold air causing condensation and recommend that after 45 mins of driving with the lights on it will clearup ide check the seal on the lights and remove them to see if water is draining behind them while they are off leave them in the house for a bit or use a hairdryer to dry them up condensation is fine puddles in the lights is a different story as to wether its typical on an 07 plate i cant say i have a mk1 y reg 2001 and it doesnt happen on mine

Its doing it on my 2008 (new shape) focus too. Also on a guy at works 2006 focus.

Seems to be pretty common. As only had my car a couple months, and its going back to dealer at weekend will bring this up with them and let you know outcome

It only appears to happen when in direct sunlight

Isn't condensation in light clusters an mot failure?

Its doing it on my 2008 (new shape) focus too. Also on a guy at works 2006 focus.

Seems to be pretty common. As only had my car a couple months, and its going back to dealer at weekend will bring this up with them and let you know outcome

It only appears to happen when in direct sunlight

Isn't condensation in light clusters an mot failure?

not if its light condensation (and only on the front if it effects the beam )it wont fail i remember in the handbook it tells you that it occurs and that you should drive with the lights on this will heat it up and dry it out an old cure my dad showed me was to wrap plumbers tape around the bulb holder like this post-8800-127171226509_thumb.jpg it can be caused by the seal becoming brittle so the tape keeps it sealed

Anybody else have this ?

Had it on my OS Rear lamp cluster, it's something to do with the the screws clamping it to the bulkhead. The top one if I remember rightly, where it sits can lead to water not running off past it, but bleeding into the lamp cluster. I think I just loosened it and put some bluetack around it before tightening it back up....sorted.

HAHA, at least its not as bad as my 54 reg fiesta finesse... The reverse lamp on the cluster was actually under water I never noticed but my mate did when I was reversing. I was quite ammused, not sure how it didn't blow the electrics...

Condensation is normal though, just don't worry unless you end up with more of an amount of water in there...

i am having the same problem. I have read from somewhere (but not tried) that wrapping aluminium foil on it for sometime and lighting the bulb solve the problem. again i have not tried it and it might get seriuosly hot in there as the heat is reflected back in (might it melt some plastic components??)

i am having the same problem. I have read from somewhere (but not tried) that wrapping aluminium foil on it for sometime and lighting the bulb solve the problem. again i have not tried it and it might get seriuosly hot in there as the heat is reflected back in (might it melt some plastic components??)

i wouldnt do that mate it will likely either blow the bulb or indeed melt something

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club