Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk 11, 1.6 hdci, 90 hp, estate thrumming noise.

Stinkyfinger
聽Share

Hi chaps. To cut a long story not so long. Car went onto limp home mode and the warning cold start fault came up on the diagnostics. Checked the glow plugs, all were shot. When removing the last one, I聽Broke the tip off and it fell onto the piston crown馃槺. Started to remove the All the things that needs removed when pulling the head off,聽and then read about some guy fishing a broken end bit out through the injector hole. Anyway, it also worked for me馃帲 the thing is, since I鈥檝e put all the bits and bobs back together I get a thrumming noise when I first start the motor between 1500 and 2200 RPM. But once the motor nearly reaches operating temp, the noise is almost gone. It鈥檚 fairly driving us nuts. I鈥檝e been around about under the engine, checking various things for tightness etc etc etc.聽Anybody had this before and did they find a cure?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club