Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 focus front camera and boot 12v socket

m17tty

Has anyone got either of the above installed in their Mk4 focus hatchback? 

Specifically a 12v socket inside the boot area either factory or done themselves.

And is there such a thing as a front camera for parking etc?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have the Active X Estate and this has a power socket in the boot as standard.  If you are going to retro-fit a power socket in your boot, just make sure you use cable size appropriate for the rated maximum load of the socket AND fuse the socket at the source of the power not at the socket.

As for front parking camera, I have never heard of such a thing and really don't understand why on earth you would ever need one.

It's easy to install an extra 12v socket anywhere you want it. You just need a healthy 12v supply, capable of 15A or 20A, and as said, cable heavy enough to carry that current, and protect with a fuse as said too. My Mk2 only had a permanent live 12v socket, useless for accessories, so I installed an 'ignition' controlled one...

1277918684_new12vsocket.thumb.jpg.4689361e96df9b66da9ef7983dcbc709.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club