Do Not Sell My Personal Information

induction kit

bexyjg

hey all :lol:

im new to this :D

i got a ford fiesta mk4 for my first car and im away to sit my drivin test! *fingers crossed*

but anyway i fancy puttin an induction kit on it but do i need to no anythin important b4 i go and do this?

if anyone has any ideas or knows anythin about this it would be a great help

thanks

bex

xxxxxxx

nope! nothing at all all you've got to do is take the old filter box out

and put the new filter on. i suggest a K & N induction kit,

prob best. As the cheap 25quid 1's you get from Halfords are

a tad to big as the K & N is fitted to the right size. it may

have to be ordered in as every filter is different.

:lol:

when i got 1 for my old fiesta it was £75 but they can be cheaper

craig.

As said above, either a K&N or a Pipercross.

And welcome to FOC

i got a ford fiesta mk4 for my first car and im away to sit my drivin test! *fingers crossed*

but anyway i fancy puttin an induction kit on it but do i need to no anythin important b4 i go and do this?

thanks

bex

xxxxxxx

Hi

Fitting an induction kit just makes ur car a guzzeller.

An induction kit is cool when u do up the exhaust as well cause it sounds lovely.

Good luck on ur test!

nope! nothing at all all you've got to do is take the old filter box out

and put the new filter on. i suggest a K & N induction kit,

prob best. As the cheap 25quid 1's you get from halfords are

a tad to big as the K & N is fitted to the right size. it may

have to be ordered in as every filter is different.

:lol:

when i got 1 for my old fiesta it was £75 but they can be cheaper

craig.

22.49 from motor-world, beat Halfords prices everday :P but i say same as everybody else, go for a K&N filter, MW's cheap ones sound good, but they wont clean the air like the K&Ns do leavin ur engine gettin clogged up inside, where as the K&N cleans it, makes it perform well and sounds good. plus if your engine gets that clogged up from crap that hasn't been filtered then it could cost u more to get it sorted then it would in the end for a K&N

• 3 weeks later...

thanks

bex

xxxxxxx

I have a mk4 1.25 zetec and I bought a K&N induction kit for 70 pounds I think, it took me about an hour and a half or so to remove the old air box and to fit the cold air feed to the bottom grill with a single cable tie and to finish the whole job off. It was lots of fun and very easy to do as I am a mechanic but it is still a fun sunday job for less experienced enthusiasts. By removing the old air box you also give yourself plenty of space to get to the back of your left hand side light cluster so changing the bulbs is a doddle.

Once its fitted it produces a glorious bassy tone which vibrates ever so slightly through to the cabin, but if you drive normally it can be nice and quiet, almost like standard. But combined with a nice big backbox the sound is truly great!!

I would not recommend buying Pipercross as I have seen their products fitted to cars before and they proved problematic, especially when one completely blocked up and cut the engine off so we had to run the car with no air filter! K&N all the way!!!

Induction kits are the easier mod for the engine, they are cheap and easy to fit, i have fitted 5 to different cars and i am not a mechanic!

@isabella - i'm not sure why getting an induction kit makes your car a guzzeller, if your putting your foot down everywhere to hear the sound on the kit then i can see why!

I have installed a k&n in my fiesta and that cost me £69 it was easy to fit it took me about half an hour. You can tell the difference though sounds alot better n even better when you put a backbox on that cost me £85 including the fitting but it swnds really nice n its a bitter quicker.

back boxs and k an n are all fine right but they dont do much only there for style value and it does make your car a gas guzzler because a k and n will pull more air meaning u neeed more fuel to air mixture. plus by putting that k and n on instead of air box it is going to pull hot air in from engine bay which will confuse your ecu.

back boxs and k an n are all fine right but they dont do much only there for style value and it does make your car a gas guzzler because a k and n will pull more air meaning u neeed more fuel to air mixture. plus by putting that k and n on instead of air box it is going to pull hot air in from engine bay which will confuse your ecu.

It wont exactly make it a gaz guzzler, it may use slightly more petrol but not huge amounts. Also it wont pull hot air in if you have a heat shield around the filter which the new induction kits by K & N do have.

welll loosing about 4 miles to gallon is still alot with current fuel prices

Dont think it will be as much as that, a friend of mine has said that his fuel economy has been better since he fitted his air filter and he's in his 30's!

They do use more fuel and don't do much if anything for performance they just sound good. If i was you id get a replacement panel filter a k & n one they're soundless but will give you better throttle response and may give you a couple more ponies ;)

since i put my k&n in my fuel as bin better i thought it wud drink it because my last car did. im doing around 133 miles with half a tank and thats putting my foot down a little bit if i jus drive normal i would prob do around 145 miles with half a tank and i got a back box on m9 as well. it does better on petrol now than it did bog standard. ;)