Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Windows Switches activate Central Locking

J0ngreen

Hi

Have a really strange one...both electric front windows have stopped working. checked the 30amp fuse all good

Whats strange is with the drivers door open, car running, if you press either of the door window down switches on the drivers door or the passenger door down switch, the car attempts to unlock the doors, you can hear the solenoid in the rear drivers side door activate

Any ideas, going to take door card off and test switches, but suspect either a wiring short, relay or door module failure, anybody had a similar problem ?

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi Jon,

Did you fix this problem as I'm currently having the same problem.

I've got a 2003 Fiesta and it's been happening since last week, though it did briefly fix itself which seems to lend itself to either a short or perhaps a faulty switch. In addition locking the car from the drivers side only locks the drivers door and from the passager side it sounds like it locks and immediately unlocks all doors (or at least the two on that side of the car). With the drivers door shut and ignition on, locking the drivers door from inside causes the open door light to appear on the dash. I've had an issue with the open door light appearing intermitttently for several months and figured it was the door open microswitch in either of the RH doors or the boot as they are the only ones I have had open prior to the fault but haven't had any locking or window issues until now.

I hope you're still around and can point me towards the solution you hopefully came to.

Best regards

Kevin

On 11/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, KevB1000 said:

hope you're still around and can point me towards the solution you hopefully came to.

Unlikely....

On the facelift models, doors refusing to lock may be a front door microswitch indicating that a door is still open.  Doors normally lock if a rear door is "open".

Door locks are controlled by the GEM, but windows are switches and motors, so if there is an interaction between windows and doorlocks, probably a wiring problem.  I would start by disconnecting the battery, then having a look at the door connectors in the "A post", undo them and make sure contacts are clean.  After 20 years of flexing, the cores going to those connectors from the door might well be shorting together.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club