Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I've just bought a lovely titanium X and it's been great but yesterday I was driving and the fault came up P22663 and P2463, before I take it to the shop I'm quite an avid DIYer is there anything specific I should look at before I take it to a mechanic? 

 

To clarify it has no turbo noise at all and absolutely no boost

 

Thank you for any help / advice

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

P2263 is a garage mechanic's dream come true/meal ticket all in one. With their magic x-ray vision and absolutely no tools or instruments  at all, they'll immediately  diagnose the most expensive bits. Full set of injectors, then pump. Then repeat above till you're bankrupt. Seriously though, keep it away from a normal garage, they don't have any tools to work on diesel pressure problems and just swap bits till fixed or you're skint. If I were you, I'd start by changing the fuel filter. 

Googling P2463 points at dpf, Have a  look on youtube for tips.   Maybe someone else on here can add some help

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicam49 said:

P2263 is a garage mechanic's dream come true/meal ticket all in one. With their magic x-ray vision and absolutely no tools or instruments  at all, they'll immediately  diagnose the most expensive bits. Full set of injectors, then pump. Then repeat above till you're bankrupt. Seriously though, keep it away from a normal garage, they don't have any tools to work on diesel pressure problems and just swap bits till fixed or you're skint. If I were you, I'd start by changing the fuel filter. 

Googling P2463 points at dpf, Have a  look on youtube for tips.   Maybe someone else on here can add some help

 

I appreciate the comedic value of this post 😀 I've changed the fuel filter to no avail. I know what you mean though, I'd do my best at avoiding mechanics like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried clearing the errors to see which  ones come back? There's no date stamps on error codes, so you could be chasing after a historic one.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nicam49 said:

Have you tried clearing the errors to see which  ones come back? There's no date stamps on error codes, so you could be chasing after a historic one.. 

Cleared them and they come straight back unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you considered  trying to  force a dpf regen.... sorry, can't help with the procedure, you might only be able  to do it with Forscan software and a code reader from Tunnelrat electronics (or main dealer system) hopefully someone else here might have experience of doing it... Let us know how it goes 👍 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

first thing I would look at is the dpf pressure sensor rubber hoses for cracks/splits deteriation. There accessed from the underneath so you need to be able to Jack front of car up with axle stands under ( for safety) to inspect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iantt said:

first thing I would look at is the dpf pressure sensor rubber hoses for cracks/splits deteriation. There accessed from the underneath so you need to be able to Jack front of car up with axle stands under ( for safety) to inspect. 

Thank you, I'll check that today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership