Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting ignition keyless 2016

Maymod40

Ford S-MAX Mk2 2016

Ok I give up how would you start this car if the battery or the key fob got damaged???

There is a real key inside the key fob, press the small ribbed button near the chrome, then pop off the keyhole covers on the doors to unlock. That should enable the start button to work.

• Thanks 1

So wait using the key in the door can start tge car as well.

It appears that if you use the physical key to get inside, and the car battery is ok, then the car can detect the key even if the key battery is dead. You put the key in the special slot in the centre console or just use the key to press the start button. Maybe try this out by removing the battery from the fob and see how far you get!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Paulius55 said:

It appears that if you use the physical key to get inside, and the car battery is ok, then the car can detect the key even if the key battery is dead. You put the key in the special slot in the centre console or just use the key to press the start button. Maybe try this out by removing the battery from the fob and see how far you get!

Car just communicates with the passive circuit in the keyfob. That's what happens with traditional key when you put in the ignition switch. Procedure you mention should be in handbook.

• Thanks 1

Yeah its weird you have to put the key near the center console where the cigarette lighter is and it works.

Only problem is I have a dead key and a working one I'm not sure how I would even change the battery.

I have took it apart and seen the blade pretty flimsy if you ask me it just comes straight out if you was to even open the case as it dont sit in the gap properly.

Is their anyway I can change the housing on these keys.

I wish I could have the newer ones with the round button in the middle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club