Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking About Buying A St170 Conversion

asifatyard21

hi.

i am currently thinking about buying a focus 1.8 on a T-plate which has had st170 conversion done. st170 engine and six speed gearbox, st170 brake conversion. recaro leather interior. 50k mileage 8months m.o.t and tax car seems in descent condition has full bodykit, on 18" alloys also lowered. what kind of mney would this be worth?

help would be appreciated

cheers

hi.

i am currently thinking about buying a focus 1.8 on a T-plate which has had st170 conversion done. st170 engine and six speed gearbox, st170 brake conversion. recaro leather interior. 50k mileage 8months m.o.t and tax car seems in descent condition has full bodykit, on 18" alloys also lowered. what kind of mney would this be worth?

help would be appreciated

cheers

Chances are its been absoutly nailed since the st engine was put in ive often thought about this but at the end of the day id just buy an actuall st170 it is a tempting offer, i take it its not been registered as a st so its stil 195 to tax and ins group7 rather then 215 and group 15.

Depending on how good cond the car is and weather the engine is a shed job or a proper garage also has the suspension been done and the brakes uprated etc...

Value wise i wouldant like to guess because there to many factors with modded cars to take into account like quality of fitment etc

Mike

i dont like to be negative but i would leave it. all those things that have been done will need to go on the insurance as mods so they will kick you in the ar$e.

personally i would save the cash and go buy a real st170 mate.

If the above comments still don't put you off, I'd advise looking extensively at the paperwork. I know two guys who've completed/are completing 170 conversions (one in progress includes a power works supercharger kit). Not everyone is ragging them though, and you'll be able to tell instantly what the conversion was made for.

The guy who's done the conversion, uses his for track days and the like. Never uses as a daily driver. The guy with the supercharger kit going on, is completing the work himself over a long period of time as a weekend car. Neither are intending to rag.

The 170 engine is very strong, and the gearbox is one of the best Ford have ever used (it's a 6 speed Getrag - even the ST/RS don't have this box). However, I'd still be tempted to get a proper 170 in your position. I had one, and it was good fun.

Not the quickest to 60mph from standing, but from 40 upwards in-gear, it's a lot quicker than it gets credit for. It can hit 72 mph in second gear and revs to 7250rpm :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club