Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st service , ok to go to independent garage?

HI, my mums Fiesta is coming up for 2 years old, purchased from new.  Can anyone advise if it is preferable to go to the local Ford garage where the car was bought from to get the service in case of any warranty issues down the line or can she go to an independent garage without it having any negative impact on any future warranty claim?????

Personally I would go to the the dealer for this one.  They'll plug in and update any modules which an Indy can't do.  And they'll also update the digital service record.

Also check if theres any warranty work needed as they can confirm that at the time.  (Door seals, broken edge protectors, faulty Speakers etc).

Prices seem to have disappeared since I last checked (unless they just don't show on mobile) but I'm sure it was around £230.  It's not standard, each franchise can choose their prices.

Currently there's a £30 off voucher code if you book online via Ford.

Thanks for posting approximate price, handy to have this info ahead.  I went online to Ford but unfortunately they don't show the dealer nearest to me as an option for online booking.  I might get in touch to ask if they will honour a discount to save me changing my booking to another garage - if you don't ask you don't get 🙂

12 hours ago, shaz4473 said:

Can anyone help with what price a 2 year Fiesta service might cost?  I can't find any prices online for Ford servicing and wondered it is standard at any Ford garage?

I paid £225 last year for my 1st (2nd year) service, Ford Main dealer  - In the "old" days you'd have had a service in the first year so you saved on that, and you won't need one next year either - stick with Ford dealer its worth it for peace of mind at least while its under warrenty.

My 2 year service last year was about £210, plus, as mentioned already, you get the breakdown cover which can be worthwhile.

On the current extended service schedule, it's the only service actually required during the 3 year warranty, so I'd tend to go with the dealer also. Ford do recommend a "convenience check" at 12 months, though it's not mandatory. You do get the breakdown cover with it, though.

I've generally stuck with my local Ford dealer for Ford servicing anyway, it's a small family owned dealership, not part of one of the big groups.

With other makes I've used the main dealer during warranty, then made the decision as to whether to stick with them if happy with the service, or move to my village garage, if not. 

Just had a look at our local Perry's ( Where we got our Focus from) there annual service is currently at £242 inc vat for the 1st and 2nd year services but jumps up to £347 inc vat for the 3rd year and repeats the same price cycle every 3yrs. 

Our 2nd yr service is due next month but won't be going to Perry's .

Thanks very much for all the input here.  I must admit I have not had good experiences with the local Ford garages in the past and have been using an independent garage very happily who uses genuine Ford parts on the last car, owned up to 12 years old from new which came with 3 yr service plan.    Now moved to a new car I was wary about getting the 1st service done elsewhere other than the Ford garage as I know although they should not if it came down to a goodwill gesture of warranty at any point they would hold it against you if you had not used them for any service.

The local Ford dealer it is on this occassion.

Once the car is past it's warranty cover age then back to the independent I go.  I know if really comes down to the team of staff in each individual dealership how your experience can be.

Today called and they confirmed that the service will cost £237.40.  After receiving the price I mentioned the Ford discount offer and the service manager has agreed to honour it 🙂  I did not mention it at the beginning in case it case they quoted me the £237.40 and said the discount was included!  I know I am very untrusting but I used to work for the garage trade for many years so know that unfortunately they are not keen to give out discounts if they don't have to!

All advice has been greatly appreciated 🙂