Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing touch screen satnav

Hi everyone I am after a bit of advice, I have just bought a 2013 titanium x BE with the touchscreen satnav unit. The touchscreen has packed up working and I am looking at replacing it. Presuming I have the pin for new unit will it just plug and play or will it have to be coded to the vin? 

any help or advice would be great before I spend big bucks! 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:31 PM, Ianrk said:

Hi everyone I am after a bit of advice, I have just bought a 2013 titanium x BE with the touchscreen satnav unit. The touchscreen has packed up working and I am looking at replacing it. Presuming I have the pin for new unit will it just plug and play or will it have to be coded to the vin? 

any help or advice would be great before I spend big bucks! 

You can just replace it like for line, the sat nav units aren't protected with a code/pin or VIN linked to a VIN etc.

Hello,

Taking the old unit out is easy, about 10 mins tops, unplug the old unit  remove the aerial cable and plug into the new unit, replace the unit in the dash and rebuild the dash. turn the unit on and enter the code you got with the new / second hand unit using the keys and the it should work. Just be careful, if you get a made in China cheap replacement you have to change the language from Chinese to English UK, other wise it only picks up Chinese stations.