Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi there

Bought my focus back in December and no issues up until now. I’ll be sat happily on the motorway at 70mph, no issues and the car would happily do more. Then sometimes, now becoming more regular, there’s no power. I’ll be sat at 40 and it won’t go above, but the car will Rev up. The temp gauge shoots up too when I try and speed up.

Took it to a garage and he said it was one of the injectors, then I have others saying it could be a filter?

Has anyone had this issue before with a Focus?

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

So the revs go up, but the MPH doesn't increase?  That's a slipping clutch if so.

I need to re word that. The revs don’t increase, it’ll stick at about a thousand revs 

4 minutes ago, JMDW00 said:

I need to re word that. The revs don’t increase, it’ll stick at about a thousand revs 

Ok, which engine is it?  Have you had the fault codes read with Ford specific diagnostics?

Temp rising potentially means it's running too lean and creating high cylinder temps, which may suggest an injector fault.  But there's just not enough information to go on so far I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

1.6 TDCi. It’s been to a garage, they cleared a code, something to do with the injector, and still having the issue. However today, after about 20-25 minutes of having the issue, it went into 4th and it flew, so I’m not sure if the issue will persist. Taken it to two garages and they’re not 100% on what the issue could be, but like you said, most are saying it could be an injector 

Taken it for a blast for at least an hour down the motorway. Had no problems at high speeds. I get back home and the problem starts again. Really unsure as to what it could be 🤔

Taken it for a blast for at least an hour down the motorway. Had no problems at high speeds. I get back home and the problem starts again. Really unsure as to what it could be 🤔

At high speeds you're blasting fuel in, doesn't matter so much how well it's atomised. 

It's low speeds where you need the precise injection for smooth running.