Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta keyless ignition not working

Kyle1999

Hello. I have a Ford fiesta 2012 1.6tdci with keyless ignition, recently the fob won't unlock or start the car, I have to hold the fob near the ignition till the steering lock comes off to start it.

I have the fault codes and tried googling them but have had no luck with any fixes, I replaced a part which was suggested on one of the fixes I found but still not fixed. 

I'm currently in the process of buying a house so can't really afford taking the car to Ford just yet not till I know I can't personally fix it.

These are the fault codes I am getting: 

B10D9-87 PATS Transponder

U201F-13 external receiver

I have changed "ANTENNA CONTROL MODULE UNIT" part no: 8a6t-15k603-aac. Which is located by the hand brake. I have also put new batteries in both my key fobs. 

Any help would be massively appreciated! Thank you

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

9 hours ago, Mig8191 said:

Just curious, did you ever get this fixed?

Poor Kyle hasn't even visited the site for over a year, so obviously busy with his new house, and the assumption that yes he did get it fixed, otherwise he' s been waiting outside in the rain for a year desperately trying to get his car to work!

If you have a similar fault, you'd be better off starting your own thread rather than waiting for a one post dormant guy to respond...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club