Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth/Handsfree phone NOT working

Kn7ght

Hi. Just purchased 62 plate s-max Titanium x sport powershift 163 2.0 tdci automatic. Lovely car however a fault I have found and starting to pull my hair out now after watching youtube videos and reading through owners manual, cannot connect my phone to bluetooth. Done everything by the book but the cars not coming up on my bluetooth search on my phone. Any ideas? Much appreciated. TIA

20210320_002334.jpg

Are sure your car actually has bluetooth ? just because it has a button for Phone doesn't prove it has. It used to be an option on a lot of models, I remember back in 2010 when I bought a Kuga Titanium X AWD that I had to pay extra for the bluetooth phone option.

When going through settings on the stereo it’s says bluetooth on, gives you the option to turn bluetooth off. By this I would say it has bluetooth. Also the advert from the garage we brought it from stated Bluetooth. I’m lead to believe from these 2 things alone that the car has Bluetooth but not sending a signal out to pick up on a phone and connect....

Hi, well it sounds like it probably has bluetooth. There should be an option to show all phones bonded with the car, have they all been cleared ? Those radio units only allow something like a maximum of 7 phones at any one time. In someways it would be good if all previous phones were still bonded as it would sure prove the bluetooth did work in the past

No bonded devices. Looks as though they have all been cleared, I think i might have to take it into Ford.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with 2012 Smax. How did you resolve your issue?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nigel Bradley said:

I have the same problem with 2012 Smax. How did you resolve your issue?

How do you know that your car has the bluetooth option fitted ?

• 3 months later...

Hi I also have this problem  shows on my phone when I try pairing it.dose come up on my.phones bluetooth list  gives a bonding number then says can't bond 

There is no devises connected either been driving me nuts 

Also the digital radio is always losing signal 😑 

• 4 weeks later...

My 2011 S-Max 1.5 Ecoboost had very old version of bluetooth, and this version don't pair with modern smartphones. In theory, the current bluetooth version(5.0) should be able to connect older versions. But that's theory... Probably these the old version are not compatible with the newer versions. You might need to update your old device...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club