Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford S-Max 2.0Tdci 2007 stuttering and cutting out

Hello everyone. I have a problem were my 2007 s max 2.0 tdci is randomly jittering and cutting out. I have looked on the forums and am no further forward hence the post. 

There doesn’t seem to be a particular pattern or type of situation it happens in. The car has “stalled” at 70 on dual carriageway and has done it at low speed and revs as well. The car will sometimes go for a long distance drive with no issue and other times it will cut out when I am just going to the shop.

When this initially happened I had computer read by RAC. It showed the following codes. P0380, p0291, P120F and P0088. The RAC man said it might be the fuel filter and as this was the only filter I had not changed since buying the car I fitted a new fuel filter. 

This has not fixed the problem but as I said earlier it is random and then I can get it started again. It then runs fine until it happens again. 

I thought it had just sorted its self as it had not done it for over a month and had only done it twice prior to this. I have now had to go out to my wife twice to start the car for her and get her going. She is not impressed. 

I have just MOT’d the car. New disc/pads all round, new rear callipers and new exhaust front to back. The checked the car over but did not find any problems. 

help please

D0630C27-4DBA-483A-87EA-48ED33DB4A8C.jpeg