Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Leak

stayfocused

Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with their ford focus each time they fill it up, it leaks from the breather pipe.

Call supply photo

Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with their ford focus each time they fill it up, it leaks from the breather pipe.

Call supply photo

ill assume if its leaking you have overfilled it?

are you sure its the breather and not the filler pipe? the filler pipes are crap for leaking

• 2 months later...

are you sure its the breather and not the filler pipe? the filler pipes are crap for leaking

I have the same problem with my 1998 1.8 petrol 5-door Zetec Focus, the breather pipe has been replaced. What is the solution to the filler pipes leaking? What needs replacing? Is it a difficult job? What has to be removed to get at the pipes? Can you gain access from the boot? If it is a common problem how come there is hardly any information on here about it?

To add to the above, are the filler pipes made of metal or rubber?

• 3 months later...

My Mk1 1.8 Zetec fuel filler pipe has corroded fru and is leaking. what is involved in replacing the pipe. does the back axle need to be removed to fit it? any ideas any body?

To add to the above, are the filler pipes made of metal or rubber?

plastic :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club