Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

How to transfer photos from windows laptop to iPhone...

StephenFord

I have a windows laptop with a photo folder of about 60 photos (110Mb) that I want to transfer onto an iPhone. On plugging the phone in with a USB cable, it doesn't even show up on 'my computer'. (though it did say the appropriate 'driver' was now installed. So what magic has Apple devised  to stop it working with Windows, and can what I want to do even be possible? (I did the same with my android phone and it took about 60 seconds from start to finish!)

Are you using a genuine apple cable?

21 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Are you using a genuine apple cable?

100% genuine Belkin 'lightning'... (Her company supplied phone/cable so supply chain would be original)

IMG_20210404_150727.thumb.jpg.3ec042bea5b5c2c6acd8bedfb66353a9.jpg

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

100% genuine Belkin 'lightning'... (Her company supplied phone/cable so supply chain would be original)

IMG_20210404_150727.thumb.jpg.3ec042bea5b5c2c6acd8bedfb66353a9.jpg

You need a genuine Apple one really, The aftermarket ones may charge fine, but can give you all sorts of wacky faults when doing data transfers.

OK, tried the 'apple' piece of crap that came with the phone - exactly the same result...

TBH, I would have been shocked if it was the Belkin cable, it's not like a £land one LOL The very fact that we're having a discussion on a 'cable' just reinforces my hatred of everything 'Apple', I have bought some really cheap rubbish cables over the years and never had an issue with data transference with Windows.

1646131609_belkincable.thumb.jpg.e9123089df71dfe8a682d1378d3d39d6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You need to use iTunes on your phone sync photos then choose a folder, sorry can't remember much more than that it's years since I've had a windows machine

• Like 1

Hi Stephen, Apple and Windows don't speak the same language. Pragmatix is right that you need to install iTunes on the phone and laptop, then stand on your head, rub your tummy with one hand while drinking a glass of water, it's really quite simple - I don't understand your problem 🤣

On the other hand the quickest way to do it is to send them by e-mail to yourself and and open them on the iPhone. You will need to limit the amount of photos in each attachment to about 10-12 Mb per e-mail. Remember to delete the e-mails on both devices after you have saved the photos on the iPhone.

Yep, need to use itunes.

I have an Apple work phone but my personal is Android (Windows previously).

An alternative is to use Onedrive; I copy photos to a Onedrive folder, that syncs to a Microsoft server (the Cloud), then you can access it with the Onedrive app on the iPhone (after you have installed it), from there you can download to the phone if you want to. Obviously this requires data transfer over mobile data so make sure you have enough allowance, or use WiFi.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Stephen, Apple and Windows don't speak the same language. Pragmatix is right that you need to install iTunes on the phone and laptop, then stand on your head, rub your tummy with one hand while drinking a glass of water, it's really quite simple - I don't understand your problem 🤣

On the other hand the quickest way to do it is to send them by e-mail to yourself and and open them on the iPhone.

That's what I ended up doing, though as you know, email has about a 25Mb limit. I sent them to her via email, which considering the ease I could do it with windows laptop to Android, is like using a VHS tape to stream a movie LOL The whole experience just reinforces my lifelong hatred of anything, 'Apple'...

• Like 2

The other alternative is Dropbox.

23 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

The other alternative is Dropbox.

That's a great idea - I could put her iPhone in it, and throw off a cliff! LOL

1375665441_dropbox.thumb.jpg.ad452436f0546d385ab01715cc9f1028.jpg

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club