Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo 2015 fluid leak - HELP!

shinson

Hello!

So I went to the car yesterday and discovered a large patch of ‘fluid’ underneath. When I had a look I noticed a drip from the rear undertray passenger side. I have included photos. Car was serviced end of November 2020! Since then I have probably driven approximatelyy 10k miles! 
I have today found articles relating to the filter can become loose? 
I touched the fluid and it did feel oily and have oil viscosity! Was golden/clear rather than black. 

Appreciate any thoughts on this. 

car has done 98k miles and is 2.0 diesel. 

Any half decent garage should be able to pop your veh on their ramp, remove the engine undercover/guard and advise you where the leak is coming from - job done

• Like 1

Has the leak stopped, if you've only done 10k and the colour is golden it's possible they've spilt some oil when topping up and it will settle down. I should keep a close eye on it to see if it stops. Park in a different place and put something under the car like a piece of card to catch the drips to see if they get less and less each time and keep checking your dip stick to see if the oils going down. It sounds a lot to do but it's quick and easy once you get used to it. To be honest it does seem quite a lot but it is a close up photo ,if it's been parked up for a while it will spread out.

Pull out the dipstick and compare the oil on it with what you've got dripping. tbh, if you don't do stuff yourself,  get it investigated sooner rather than later. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club