Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Front Screen Only Works In One Side

Zemich

Hi everyone

I've just bought a Ford Focus 1,6 TDCi from 2007.

Today I discovered that my heated front screen only works in the passenger side. My first thought was that it must be because one of the fuses where broke.

They both looked good, but I tried to switch them anyway, to see if the problem then would have been in the passenger side. But no, it is still only works in the passenger side.

It is a brand new windscreen, so my next guess is that the ones who installed the windows, forgot one of the connections.

But my question is, where is it connected?

Don't wanna go back to the dealer unless it is really necessary.

Hope some of you can help. :)

Hi everyone

Today I discovered that my heated front screen only works in the passenger side. My first thought was that it must be because one of the fuses where broke.

They both looked good, but I tried to switch them anyway, to see if the problem then would have been in the passenger side. But no, it is still only works in the passenger side.

It is a brand new windscreen, so my next guess is that the ones who installed the windows, forgot one of the connections.

Hi,

Remaove both scuddle panels and there will be a wire at the bottome of the screen, that wire needs to br rerooted when fitting the screen to prevent this happening. Check all coneections are in, if so it could be a faulty screen. Is it a ford screen that was fitted? If so it will be warranty. But it sounds like they have forgot to reroot the connections! take it back to the dealer and they have to do it free of charge.

Hi everyone

Mine was the same. Garage sent a guy out to fit a new windscreen. What had happened was the wiper arm linkage had torn the connector off on the drivers side. It needs to be routed above the linkage, which when mine had its last windscreen fitted wasn't!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club