Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit cruise control in Ford Fiesta mk7

KonstantinosFiesta
聽Share

Hello everyone!
I've got a Ford Fiesta Ghia mk7 2009 and I'm searching to retrofit cruise control.
I've read in a post in this forum that one of my steering wheel plugs should contain 9 cables like this:

1629280949009blob.png.f74034f53250f4239047dd439764ed16.png

Unfortunately, my cars plug contains only 7 cables.

1. Do you know if I'm able to replace the above plug (including any other components) in order to enable cruise control?
  2. Do you believe that by changing the appropriate hardware, will I be able to enable cruise control?

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Konstantinos from Greece! 馃檪

Unlikely. Having said that, if your car model came with the option but yours didn't have it, there is the possibility that it's wired in the loom part.聽Again, it also depends on what model engine you have. The throttle control (electronic step motor, etc).聽

If you are missing 2 wires on the steering wheel side of that plug, then a change of wheel to one with the cruise switches will give you those, but you need to look to see if the missing wires are present on the next part of the wiring, from that plug into the car's loom.聽

This is the key. Some car's come with a common section of wiring loom, and certain options can then be fitted as needed on the line, but if these options were bigger pack type things, then there's enough cars built to facilitate a different wiring loom ordering for them. The Mk6聽聽like yours ( UK know as Mk 7) would come in a low and high spec loom, a Ghia possibly would have most options so a loom may well have the wiring. So steering wheel, and amy motors/modules under the bonnet maybe plus it would need enabling on ETIS. Luckily it's a Ford, that's the easy bit!聽

• Thanks 1

I had a 2006 Fiesta Ghia 1.4 that came without cruise control.聽 聽I had cruise control fitted by a firm out by east mids airport.聽 聽Cost about 拢300 back in 2006.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

I had a 2006 Fiesta Ghia 1.4 that came without cruise control.聽 聽I had cruise control fitted by a firm out by east mids airport.聽 聽Cost about 拢300 back in 2006.

Did you retrofit the Ford cruise control or you did you add a third party cruise control?

7 hours ago, KonstantinosFiesta said:

Did you retrofit the Ford cruise control or you did you add a third party cruise control?

I've no idea mate, I left it to the guy I was paying.聽 聽It wasn't on the steering wheel like the latest but on a stalk to the right of it.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club