StoogeUK

Hey all

got my first Ford which is a 2017 focus titanium

love the car and I understand there are updates available to the sync 3

my sync 3 software is version 3.0

build 20204

gracenote doesn’t show a version

and navigation map version is F10

i am not sure if this is all correct or if after this update there is another to do

appreciate feedback from people in the know

Apologies I am a computer / software noob so not sure if everything is up to date as don’t k ow what latest versions are

thanks

I have noticed it hasnt created a log file on my usb even though it is showing me as installation complete

I think that is the latest official version for your year of car. Ford have moved onto later versions for newer cars but not given an option to update older sync 3 units.

You can go the unofficial route to get the latest official sync 3 version 3.4 but it requires a reformat of the partitions on sync to do it. If you have a look at cyanlabs sync updater and have a good read of the documents before you decide to make any changes.

I updated my 2018 sync 3 to 3.4 and am very happy with it, you can upgrade to later versions as they are released and map updates become available from Ford servers before Ford offer them through their sync update site. There are a couple of things to watch out for such as 2020 models have an issue with the reformat and screen drivers which could brick the sync unit.

It won't be long until sync 3 updates will slow down now though as sync 4 is coming in the new cars from next year.

11 hours ago, ColW said:

sync 4 is coming in the new cars from next year

Any idea what date for the facelift mk4 release?  I’ve got a lease coming to an end middle of next year. 

I don't think ford have given a release date yet. As the brochures have been released people are guessing late this year/early next year.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club