Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020.75 Focus Recalls & Battery Issue

JDC14

Varta battery on my Focus died after 3 days of no use this week.

On checking the app I saw a recall for an accessory tension bolt.

I called Ford who told me there was an additional recall to do with the electric parking brake.

Does anyone know if this could have contributed to the battery drain - and if anyone received any comms about the parking brake recall?

Not impressed to find out about a recall by chance and that I need to jump start a 1 year old car after 3 days of no use.

Jump start doesn’t work. 

anyone know how to open the other doors?

If it's double locked then you can't open the other doors.

Haven't heard of either of those recalls myself though mines an early 2021 model.

Might be worth calling them, only one showed on my app, the other I was told on the phone when I called service

Just checked ETIS and there are no recalls showing for my VIN.  I'm not driving the car at the moment so there's no rush but will keep an eye out for any recalls now.

Jump start should work if it's only the battery flat. If your concerned about the tensioner recall, just look under the bonnet at the accessory belt to see if it's still on the pulleys. I doubt anyone has had a letter about this recall as it's a new one. The probable abs recall only affects a message on the cluster that may appear so nothing to worry about or related to your flat battery

• Like 1

Tried jump starting off a car and portable battery and no luck with either - so must be something else causing the issue. 

It’s not the specific recall that’s bothered me, it’s the fact one just appeared in the app but the other didn’t, meaning I wouldn’t know if I didn’t have to call them. Appreciate things will go wrong from time to time, but they should be better with addressing it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club