Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST Line X - Entertainment system problem

Molcos

So my centre console that features the radio, cd player, bluetooth and sat nav has failed to switch on evert day this week, the screen just remains blank. I thought this might just be a computer/processor bug that might reset itself after a while but no luck. I then considered it might be a fuse issue. I believe I found a diagram online for the correct fuse box for my car (2nd hand and didn't come with the owners manual) and changed the relevant fuse. This still hasn't fixed the issue.

That's about the height of my mechanical and electrical skills so now I'm reaching out to you fine people. Has anyone experienced similar or recommend a way to fix this? 

Having driven a few different Ford vehicles I know the entertainment system can be a bit glitchy and fail to load or get stuck loading but im really at a loss as to what this might be. I'm wondering if prehaps I removed the battery as a form of a hard reset that that might fix it? - sort of switching it off at the mains as it were...

Send help, as much as love to hear my modest 144bhp engine purr, I don't half miss having some tunes 😓 Send help

24 minutes ago, Molcos said:

I then considered it might be a fuse issue. I believe I found a diagram online for the correct fuse box for my car (2nd hand and didn't come with the owners manual) and changed the relevant fuse. This still hasn't fixed the issue.

A fuse either works or it doesn't. Fortunately on car fuses, you can usually look inside the coloured plastic and see a physical break in the wire. Usually most issues are resolved by removing the fuse (or disconnecting the battery) for 30 mins and re-inserting it to do a master reset.

If that doesn't sort it then you probably have a dead unit. You can find second hand replacements on eBay.

• Thanks 1

Can you elaborate on the "dead unit"? I bought the car with an extended warranty, reckon that might cover it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club