Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault codes does this mean all 4 injectors?

H4MP

Surely all 4 cannot fail at once I've only had the car little over a month. It usually has lumpy idle on start up and usually this lasts a while and is jerky whilst cold. Any help much appreciated. 

You have comms issues there too.

Check all connections are good, but firstly, is the battery on the way out?

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

firstly, is the battery on the way out?

Agreed. Looks more of a common problem. High Speed Canbus not happy

Capture.JPG

The codes ending in 28 are old codes. Clear them all first then see what comes back.

• Like 2

Also please identify the Focus model and engine. It can't be a Mk3 and 2021 year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjt said:

Also please identify the Focus model and engine. It can't be a Mk3 and 2021 year.

It's a 2012 1.6 TDCi.

4 hours ago, H4MP said:

Surely all 4 cannot fail at once I've only had the car little over a month. It usually has lumpy idle on start up and usually this lasts a while and is jerky whilst cold. Any help much appreciated. 

As in your previous thread, the injectors have worn beyond the 'learning limits'.  Standard for the 8v DV6 and yes, they do all go eventually, many were replaced under manufacturer warranty within the first 3 years.  That doesn't mean they're totally knackered, but they won't ever perform to their full ability again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry did I write 2021 it's a 2011 mk3 1.6 tdci done 99k miles. How do I get the comms issue resolved 

56 minutes ago, H4MP said:

How do I get the comms issue resolved 

I would start by charging the battery overnight and if it is still in a poor condition then replace it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, unofix said:

I would start by charging the battery overnight and if it is still in a poor condition then replace it.

Yes and as mentioned previous, clear the DTCs and see what come back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, H4MP said:

Sorry did I write 2021 it's a 2011 mk3 1.6 tdci done 99k miles. How do I get the comms issue resolved 

Your bio says 2021 model year, probably auto-filled when you signed up.  It's not visible on the mobile app so you may not have seen it.

I wouldn't be at all bothered about those comms issues.  Just look like glitches to me. 

• Thanks 1

Tom how do I get clear the faults I used the tunnelrats WiFi elm327 it took me many attempts to connect forscan. I did clear the faults then ran the scan and the same faults came up. Maybe I am not doing it correctly 

4 minutes ago, H4MP said:

Tom how do I get clear the faults I used the tunnelrats WiFi elm327 it took me many attempts to connect forscan. I did clear the faults then ran the scan and the same faults came up. Maybe I am not doing it correctly 

Yeah, it does sound like they're not being cleared.  I use Forscan on a laptop and don't have any experience with the mobile app I'm afraid.  Hopefully someone else on here knows why they're not clearing correctly.

• Thanks 1

You can not programme using the WiFi version of FORScan, it is a read only option. I did think that you could clear codes with the WiFi version but maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can reset the DTCs with the mobile WiFi version of Forscan. It's the triangle with a circular arrow in it, second icon from the left at the bottom of the Error codes screen. Or on the screen in your original post it is the same icon near the top right hand corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club