Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 1.0 cold start knocking

Connorfinn

Hi Guys, 

Recently with the cold snap I've noticed that when the outside temperature is less than 5 degrees, my car has a weird knock on idle 

This usually goes within a few minutes of driving once the engine is warmed up, and also of i fully press the clutch in the noise stops immediately

anyone got an ideas what it could be?

A bit of back story, this car has had a new turbo and clutch fitted under warranty. A Major service is due Feb 2022 

Sounds like Clutch bearing.

Mine Focus MK4 Ecoblue (diesel 1,5) is doing that noise since i bought it new!

I don't know anything about Ford cars because this is the first Ford i ever had in my life.

All my cars were Toyota and all of them Corolla.

Corolla XL 1988 model, Corolla XLi 1991 model, Corolla Hatchback E120 Model 2006 (bought it new).

NONE of them had even a tiny clicking sound from NOWHERE on the chassis or in the engine bay!!

First yime with Ford and everything clicking even the instrument panel..

And it is a new car!!!An all brand new one and i was the first who drove it after the factory and the dealership!!!

I am used to it now, but i feel so angry for the 22.600 euros that i spent to buy it.

The engine burns oil like crazy (150 grammars/1000km) but it is quite strong on the road.

And it is economic too.

Sorry for being so chatterer about your issue.

I would like also to apologise for my poor english too because i am greek.

Do not worry about it, it does the same to me.

Go to the dealership and bawl at them!!!

Have a nice night!!!

Be well my friend!

43 minutes ago, Alexis94040 said:

Sounds like Clutch bearing.

Mine Focus MK4 Ecoblue (diesel 1,5) is doing that noise since i bought it new!

I don't know anything about Ford cars because this is the first Ford i ever had in my life.

All my cars were Toyota and all of them Corolla.

Corolla XL 1988 model, Corolla XLi 1991 model, Corolla Hatchback E120 Model 2006 (bought it new).

NONE of them had even a tiny clicking sound from NOWHERE on the chassis or in the engine bay!!

First yime with Ford and everything clicking even the instrument panel..

And it is a new car!!!An all brand new one and i was the first who drove it after the factory and the dealership!!!

I am used to it now, but i feel so angry for the 22.600 euros that i spent to buy it.

The engine burns oil like crazy (150 grammars/1000km) but it is quite strong on the road.

And it is economic too.

Sorry for being so chatterer about your issue.

I would like also to apologise for my poor english too because i am greek.

Do not worry about it, it does the same to me.

Go to the dealership and bawl at them!!!

Have a nice night!!!

Be well my friend!

Dont worry your english is fine! Thanks for your reply, it would seem strange for the clutch bearing to have gone, a new clutvh was fitted in June this year

I was hoping it was maybe the lifters, or the oil takes a few minutes to reach the top of the engine with the cold

Sorry to hear about your engine and oil problems, have you had it looked at? 

• Like 1

Just now, Connorfinn said:

Dont worry your english is fine! Thanks for your reply, it would seem strange for the clutch bearing to have gone, a new clutvh was fitted in June this year

I was hoping it was maybe the lifters, or the oil takes a few minutes to reach the top of the engine with the cold

Sorry to hear about your engine and oil problems, have you had it looked at? 

Yes i looked it at Ford's dealership that i bought it.

They told me that it is absolutely normal (???) to burn some oil.

I have never had a car that burned oil at all!!!

I suppose that i was so unlucky buying a new car that burns oil!!!

I can not do anything about it to get it fixed because the dealership considers it as a normal situation for modern engines.

And i love that car so much about its external appearence and its drive abilities!

11 minutes ago, Alexis94040 said:

Yes i looked it at Ford's dealership that i bought it.

They told me that it is absolutely normal (???) to burn some oil.

I have never had a car that burned oil at all!!!

I suppose that i was so unlucky buying a new car that burns oil!!!

I can not do anything about it to get it fixed because the dealership considers it as a normal situation for modern engines.

And i love that car so much about its external appearence and its drive abilities!

You could always try a different dealership for a second opinion, or pay for an independent mechanic to do a report for you,

You can then take that report back to the dealership for them to do the work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Connorfinn said:

You could always try a different dealership for a second opinion, or pay for an independent mechanic to do a report for you,

You can then take that report back to the dealership for them to do the work

Here in Greece is a little dificult to find a reliable garage with reliable mechanics because the most of them do not follow the newest car technologies-developements.

So i am condemned to sell it when my loan expires...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club