Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car loves to stop at 3/4K rpm

h1ghlander77

Hey all,

After a large win against my foe the 1L 2014  pain in my neck and wallet.

I resolved the water leak into the Bcm (I believe as car is happy now after having to do a bit of wiring and a new battery)

im faced with the old issue. Car runs fine for a while but after say 30mibs driving at around 69 then 70 on dual carriageway. The car feels like it’s driving against a wall.

Will not rev beyond 3/4K and if on a incline the car starts to obviously slow down.

There’s just now go about it. Think the 3 horses that’s in the car keel over and die.

I did no codes as yet and no service now/engine malfunction.

After a while when switched off and jump back in, the car is fine for again 30/40 mins and same thing again.

I got shot of the k&n and opted for the non performances paper filter but still the same.

What would the first thing you folks would do? (Other than burn or sell it as still hot finance on it if it would be gone) 

TIA 

That was meant to be 60 then 70 on dual carriageway 

I do not get any codes etc as yet 

5 minutes ago, h1ghlander77 said:

Think the 3 horses that’s in the car keel over and die.

Sorry but on the 1.0 Ecoboost the horses were replaced by hamsters 🤣

6 minutes ago, h1ghlander77 said:

What would the first thing you folks would do? (Other than burn or sell it

park it and leave the keys in it ?

8 minutes ago, h1ghlander77 said:

Will not rev beyond 3/4K and if on a incline the car starts to obviously slow down.

are all the turbo hoses good - no air leaks ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, josh2338 said:

Hello I am looking for some advice. I have a 62 plate Ford Focus One-Litee Ecoboost and have had some trouble with loss of power. Around town it’s completely fine, well feels fine but on motorways (70mph) and 60 mph roads it’s a bit of a task getting up to the speed limit. With my foot to the floor in 5th it takes a while or if going up a slight hill, it takes forever or won’t accelerate and actually goes down.

It’s annoying as it’s hard to explain. I had someone plug a computer in to read error codes and there was a code for a turbo sensor/solenoid and I had it replaced thinking it would solve the problem but it hasn’t. Last week I got a full service as since I’ve had it I’ve never had one and it’s done 20k miles. I thought it could’ve been maybe the air filter was blocked up and could just be due a good service in general but it hasn’t made any difference. There is no warning lights and says on the dash all systems are normal. The car has only 79k miles on and don’t think the turbo has gone or needs changing. I was thinking maybe the three spark plugs need changing just in case one of them are broken but I wanted to ask on this forum if anyone else has had this problem. I have googled and read similar stories but all causes of the problem are different and I want to make sure before I start paying for things to be done when they don’t need to be. 

Any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks josh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club