Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMAX 2008 2.0TDCI will not start :)

Shaine

Hiya all i have an smax 2.0tdci and having a right nightmare with it. Engine 1 top end seized and sheared camshaft sprocket off so i put a new engine in.

Engine 2 was brought from eBay and collected but was assured it ran (out a Volvo same engine code) so it was fitted but no start would only crank, used easy start on it and it knocked like mad (diesel knock) when started but wouldn't run on its own steam. I brought a daily 2.0 TDCI Mondeo same year as smax and i bit the bullet last week as the mondeo is too small for my family to take the perfect running engine out the mondeo and fitted it to the smax.

Engine 3, Still same trouble on the 3rd engine, i took 2nd out thinking there is a problem with that engine and gave it the scrapman lol. but here we go again, perfectly running engine from a car ive been using as a daily and smax still will not start, ive tried easy start and when it starts there is no knocking sound or diesel knock and sounds normal but no response from accelerator to keep it running. so ive turned for help on here and im at a loose end now this has been on going for 6 months. ive read about ECU problems but im not sure if my year smax is effected or where i would turn to fix this problem or test before i pay out more money on it. 

Ive attached a log below from forscan when attempting to start using easy start and fuel pressure is as follows:-

Crank (NO START) 4740 kpa

Crank with easystart  10970 kpa

Thankyou for any suggestions or help really appreciate it.

SMAX After Start Attempt.txt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club