Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car wont start up

Kerry brauer

Brought a s max less than a month ago and drives lovely when it starts, but most morning u go to start it up and its like luminations on dashboard 

A2F87E60-9C3A-40A4-9252-A7925244034F.jpeg

A6696890-8BBC-4D61-840D-27BB0F0C002E.jpeg

Ive ordered a ecu so hopefully that will fix it thanks 

• Confused 1

That sounds drastic at this stage. Did you really mean ecu?  Using a fault code reader might be a better first stage

• Like 1

hi,

there is a tiny wire going to the battery as with the time it oxides  and loose contact, computer will show all sort of errors like: engine malfunction, immobiliser malfunction, weak battery what you need to do just unscrew it, brush and clean put all together and problem should disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

Where abouts is the wire as ive changed ecu still doin the same thing so it might be this wire u told me about, but ive only just seen this sorry 

Its been on one it said the ecu and its still the same, i drove it yesterday when he had put the ecu in and spark plugs, tgey today i try and start it up its like luminations on dashboard again and wont start

12 minutes ago, Kerry brauer said:

it said the ecu

That's a bit generic. A code reader will not say "its the ecu". You need the actual fault code.

Just said its the module, its been on 4 computers, just weird how when it works it works but they if standed like over night it dont

I begin to think there is some b0locks been talked here. So from your other post:

5 hours ago, Kerry brauer said:

Ive brought this s max 57 plate and since we have had it its not been starting up next day, i have replaced alot of things like glow plugs, battery, ecu, sensor and so on could some plz tell me wot it can be as im am sick of wasting my money. Its been on so many different computers thanks kerry 

and from this post:

4 hours ago, Kerry brauer said:

Its been on one it said the ecu and its still the same, i drove it yesterday when he had put the ecu in and spark plugs, tgey today i try and start it up its like luminations on dashboard again and wont start

So you have replaced the "glow plugs" and also the "spark plugs" what kind of fuel does your engine run on ???

What u mean? I just want to no if anyone has had the same situation. The car drives good when i can get it to start. So i just don’t understand wot it can be thanks kerrt

2 hours ago, unofix said:

what kind of fuel does your engine run on ???

Petrol - Diesel - LPG ?

8 hours ago, Kerry brauer said:

Its been on one it said the ecu and its still the same, i drove it yesterday when he had put the ecu in and spark plugs,

I think you need to use a new garage and also ask for a refund on the new spark plugs.

Afraid you have to take it to the ford main dealer to get it properly diagnosed, they will have the correct equipment & software diagnostic to do the job, other garages will use something generic which may work well on some cars and not so well on others.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club