Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 S-Max 2.0 Ecoboost 200bhp Titanium Sport X

dr_rog

I have a strange problem. Sometimes my driver's door locks with the fob but most times it sounds like it has locked but hasn't! The alarm sets and all the other doors and hatch are locked apart from driver's door. Also when I unlock the driver's door doesn't always unlock!

Any suggestions? I've had a few people look at it at service time but never solved it! Obviously it's nearly 12 years old but it still does a great job for me.

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem on my 2009 S Max, where after locking the drivers door from the button inside it was intermittently impossible to unlock on the door to get out. It had to be unlocked with the fob as though it had deadlocked just on that door. I replaced the locking actuator on the drivers door, the part that the wiring loom plugs into where the door catch is and it never had the problem again.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably best get an auto electrician to take a look

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dandam said:

Probably best get an auto electrician to take a look

@dr_rog will be pleased with that idea, he's only been waiting of an answer since 16th January 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club