Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here to learn!

Kalista
聽Share

Allo!聽

My names kirsty, from Essex and new to the ford world!聽

Previously being a mk4 golf owner, my mk2 focus titanium is like a whole new world - I never realised driving could be relaxing and comfortable 馃槄

The focus is in mint condition and I hope to find some tips and tricks to keep it in top shape.. As a 13yr old with 64k on the clock I can imagine he's gonna do me nicely for a while!

Will also be nice to get involved in the community and feel more able to get under the bonnet with confidence instead of relying on more savvier friends

Pleased to meet u all!聽

IMG_20220125_133940.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Kirsty - welcome

The Focus looks well in your picture ! I've just acquired a 2010 1.6 tdci although mine is a poor mans version the 'style' variant but like you I'm really impressed so far after a while away from fords.

Good luck !

• Thanks 1

Thank you!聽

What plans do you have for your focus bantam_dave21?聽

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kalista said:

Thank you!聽

What plans do you have for your focus bantam_dave21?聽

My plans are subtle.... for now.....

first job is ensure mechanically sound, timing belt & water pump first priority for me hopefully this weekend! I've no history with the car and for the cost I'm not complaining., 拢70 or so for a belt kit and my time is free, I knocked more than that off the purchase price.

After that its sort out creature comforts that the style doesn't have an am used to - cruise control is a must and from what I've read and the brief investigations I've done so far this appears achievable without too much hassle (need to check what a GEM number is!) bluetooth phone, DAB etc

Maybe I'll keep an eye for better seats - my drivers seat looks fine but I think its lost something over time!

Externally I'm generally a fan of keeping things calm, I'd like to add front fogs and light window tinting.

I think thats about all..... famous last words!

2 hours ago, bantam_dave21 said:

first job is ensure mechanically sound, timing belt & water pump first priority for me hopefully this weekend! I've no history with the car and for the cost I'm not complaining., 拢70 or so for a belt kit and my time is free, I knocked more than that off the purchase price.

After that its sort out creature comforts that the style doesn't have an am used to - cruise control is a must and from what I've read and the brief investigations I've done so far this appears achievable without too much hassle (need to check what a GEM number is!) bluetooth phone, DAB etc

Maybe I'll keep an eye for better seats - my drivers seat looks fine but I think its lost something over time!

Externally I'm generally a fan of keeping things calm, I'd like to add front fogs and light window tinting.

Sounds like you got yourself a bargain!聽

Did the seller tell you about the water pump or was that a not so nice surprise?聽

I'm having to manually disconnect the battery after each usage while I wait to get the replacement for the cluster atm (light is always on). So hopefully it's delivered soon and my weekend is as productive as yours!聽

Cruise control is always a bonus. I had no idea it could be added to models that hadn't got it.. The lessons have begun lol!聽

I'll check in again another time to see what else you've added to the list 馃ぃ sounds pretty sweet so far! Be good to see the fogs and tinting when it's done

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalista said:

Sounds like you got yourself a bargain!聽

Did the seller tell you about the water pump or was that a not so nice surprise?聽

I'm having to manually disconnect the battery after each usage while I wait to get the replacement for the cluster atm (light is always on). So hopefully it's delivered soon and my weekend is as productive as yours!聽

Cruise control is always a bonus. I had no idea it could be added to models that hadn't got it.. The lessons have begun lol!聽

I'll check in again another time to see what else you've added to the list 馃ぃ sounds pretty sweet so far! Be good to see the fogs and tinting when it's done

I had an idea it may be required. My mechanic鈥檚 days were at the time the Ford 1.8d that used the chew belts for fun and the interval was at one point as low as every 36k so I鈥檓 just extra cautious. For what I paid for the car (sub 拢1k) it鈥檚 worth a belt kit. Whenever I look for a car I always check out things like belt or chain and if belt factor the cost of the parts and I don鈥檛 use it until done (if it was needed)

the fogs could be interesting I鈥檝e not figured out if the car is clever enough to fault if I wire them as their own new circuit at this point I think adding the correct Ford switch will just be painful.聽

ah the famous cluster faults! All for the wrong solder or so I鈥檝e read. Thankfully there seems to be lots of places that do the repair now even being offered by post. My LCD screen isn鈥檛 perfect particularly when cold but I鈥檒l cope til it goes altogether.聽

Good luck with the IC

Belts and pumps etc are parr for the course on any of my new vehicles, for peace of mind unless recently done. I want to change the wheels on mine They look well battered, and sort some of the paint imperfection. Cruise control scares the hell out of me, had an SD1 years ago the wouldnt release when asked at 100mpg+, its on my new one but i stay well away from it LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bantam_dave21 said:

Oh and a new radio!

BEB1B157-6F93-4C1C-9F34-62E00C5223A7.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club