Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limp mode with code p2263(73)

Alex Elston

Hi I'm new to here so any help would be appreciated, 

I have a 57 plate 2.0tdci titanium S-Max that I am having some problems with? First of all I keep getting a limp mode code of boosting pressure / TC/SC performance problem, I cleaned the boost pressure sensor & the air temperature sensor on the inlet it went okay for a week then again started yesterday throwing me back into limp mode with the same code but It sounds like my turbo is over spooiling (not reving) but when under load an I'm driving? Then all of a sudden it throws me into limp mode? Has anyone any ideas what it could be, I've checked all the visable pipes just not under neath near the turbo? 

Thank you in advance

Hi Alex, 

I've literally just joined here as well, anyway the problem your having I've been having the exact same problem , I believe its linked to the MAP sensor which is located on the front manifold , the over boost error code is thrown up when the turbo spools up but there isn't enough pressure or air to feed it?

I found that I had a broken fixing i between the map sensor and front manifold and had a massive air leak so was just a case of fixing this seal! Do.you have a lot of black smoke as well as this was another sign of there being a leak 

however I now have an annoying whine / whistle from the turbo which I cannot pit my finger on if anyone could shred some light on?? 

hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

Hi Louis 

Thank you for your reply.

I only got this problem when I used Asda fuel & checked the air filter then couple days after I end up getting limp mode so I cleaned the two sensors on the inlet manifold it ran fine for a week but then now keep getting limp mode but feels like it's running rough on idle aswell as It feels like it reving higher but not doing much on performance? I've checked all the pipes with carb cleaner & doesn't seem to have any leaks unless the pipe on the turbo has popped of or there's a leak, but I am experiencing the spooling noise witch is weird then throws the boost code?  

I had this issue for a while, in the end had to pay out £1,100 for new turbo to be fitted. All is fine now but was a pain. cleaned out the egr valve, new fuel filter etc then last resort was trying a turbo cleaning product you add to fuel it didn't help. Had the garage check all the pipes to see if any were split or had any hole but nothing so just had new Turbo fitted 3 weeks ago, all has been fine since fingers crossed. my car has done 119k miles which seems to be the average life span of a turbo on these cars I think. 

Hopefully you find a cheaper fix then me

• Thanks 1

Before you Shell out on a new turbo AND have checked every hose connection TO AND FROM the turbo to the inlet:

Make sure the intercooler hasn't been punctured by a stone

• Thanks 1

Daniel83 

Was you getting any boost codes? With a spooling nosie? As sometimes I still get all power from the turbo? I need to get under the car to look at the rest of the pipes but the wether hasn't been the greatest at the moment I checked all the other pipes ontop tho? £1100 for a new turbo to be fitted I'm sorry but I think they may have over charged you? A fully refurbished turbo from London turbos only cost £220+£60 refundable deposit after you send yours back to them? Then garage shouldn't cost that much to take it of and fit it? Thanks for your help though 

DaveT70 

I checked all the intercooler pipes & the boost solinords couldn't find a leak I've to get under the car yet to look at the turbo ones as I know these cars ar prone for piping pipes of underboost? 

Any more help would be really helpful

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club