Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery loosing charge continually

Lawns
聽Share

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

No silly, you should know that you need proper 'glass' bottles for that to work the way you insinuate! 馃ぃ

Yes I did know and tried n tested quite a few yrs ago now.

28 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

LOL, it's really not 'knocked' about, it is securely lodged within a 'carrier' and I've been using it for 40 years, and I haven't blown myself up yet. It is full of extruded aluminum, and even if set alight with a match, would not explode!

explosafe.thumb.jpg.834880a17fb29b8e11de31eb0e6fda3c.jpg

40 years old has given plenty of time for the metal to fatigue, especially with all the heat cycles it will have gone through in a car boot, intense heat in summer and below freezing in winter.

I'm not trying to worry you btw, and if you feel it's safe (which you clearly do!) that's great.聽 It's not something I'd trust personally though.聽 Which is a good bit of evidence backing up my earlier point about the fact that you can attach fears to anything...and everyone will have different ones, largely based on their own experiences.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

40 years old has given plenty of time for the metal to fatigue, especially with all the heat cycles it will have gone through in a car boot, intense heat in summer and below freezing in winter.

I'm not trying to worry you btw, and if you feel it's safe (which you clearly do!) that's great.聽 It's not something I'd trust personally though.聽 Which is a good bit of evidence backing up my earlier point about the fact that you can attach fears to anything...and everyone will have different ones, largely based on their own experiences.

LOL, Tom, I could have written your response to that! I knew you'd jump all over the 'metal fatigue' angle. Now a couple of years ago, I did refurb it (well, it was bought in 1979!), putting on new seals at the same time. It's perfectly leak free, and I feel 100% safe with it. Still, nice of you to worry on my behalf 馃ぃ

1222215186_beforeafter.thumb.jpg.f8fcc04bf3e49671202287363bdd70da.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Entirely safe, it's in a Paddy Hopkirk 'explosafe' container LOL

I'd swear that looks like it had been hand painted with Green Hammerite. That's not an old Red 4 star can recycled is it Stephen ?

• Haha 1