Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off center steering wheel after alignment

Fiestaforever

New here, any help appreciated

A bit of background, 2010 ford fiesta mounted the curb recently and had to get work done. The front left wheel was cracked and the front drivers wheel was wobbly and buckled. Wheels and tyres were replaced with 2nd hand replacements, the osf suspension leg was replaced and wheel alignment done. Picked it up from the shop but noticed the steering wheel needed to be slightly turned to the right in order to keep the car driving straight.

Is it possible that the alignment wasn't done properly or there is further damage to the car(possibly something bent?).I have also checked tire pressure to make sure that wasn't the problem. I have attached a picture of the alignment sheets (before and after). Does the after spec look alright or is there something off?

I will try and swap the front tyres to see if the problem is a bad tire

IMG_20220313_155350__01.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-184915__01.jpg

It's likely they've adjusted the toe correctly but not taken into account the relativity to the rear wheels. Or they accidently had the steering wheel pointing off centre when doing it. 

Just take it back, its easily corrected by a competent person with the correct equipment. 

But its worth checking the inner track rods (also known as tie rods) for bends since you hit a curb

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club