Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help my Fiesta is possessed!!

Lokaz

I have a fiesta mk7 2015 in UK 1.25 

Today the front door won't open only manually by inserting key, then upon starting the car I get "Tyre pressure warning" on the screen then the screen turns off pitch black (I can still hear radio music), the indicator lights don't show on the instrument cluster and I can't hear the ticking sound, there's no headlamp indication on cluster either but the lights do work when I stepped outside to check, the radio screen wont turn on unless I stop and start the car again and I get Tyre pressure warning every time.  the car starts and drives fine. 

the car won't lock all the doors by remote or by key, I hear the locking sound but passenger door stays open only rear doors and boot close, it also keeps trying to lock itself on endless loop, so I'm having to keep one door slightly open at night just so it won't drain the battery

This problem happened about 7 months ago for couple of days then it went away, my research lead me to faulty BCM. I'm wondering if anyone had these issues before and what they did to fix it. 

I did a scan and these errors came up U0140, U0127, U0253, B10BD

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and let the car 'reset' itself? Have you tried resetting the BMS?

To be honest, of the car is on its original battery then it sounds like that is your problem, probably needs replacing. I'd get Halfords to do a battery health check, they will check the alternator too, then go form there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and let the car 'reset' itself? Have you tried resetting the BMS?

To be honest, of the car is on its original battery then it sounds like that is your problem, probably needs replacing. I'd get Halfords to do a battery health check, they will check the alternator too, then go form there. 

this morning I started the car and everything is working perfectly again, albite the clock has reset so the car probably reset itself after the battery saver cut off all power overnight.  It is for sure BCM Body Control Module in which I've ordered a 2nd hand one and will have it reprogrammed later. 

I think battery is fine I was able to check its voltage in the car's secret menu and it's running at 14v when engine is on. 

Check earth to engine and earth body ,bad connection will play havoc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club