Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Fiesta purchased

sofpopz

Hi all 

I bought a 1.1L 2019 Fiesta, 30k miles on the clock, 1 previous owner. When I got it, I got in touch with Ford to get the service history - long story short it doesn’t have any. It was serviced and MOT’d by the seller just before I bought it but no history before this. Got in touch with seller but they can’t do anything as the car wasn’t advertised with service history.

I am assuming the previous owner serviced it privately (as who in this day and age doesn’t service their car) which is why Ford doesn’t have any record.

The car drives great, I have taken it for a Health Check at Ford (everything has come back green) and I am really happy with it, but not sure if this lack of service history could affect something in the future.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

It is what it is. You can’t do anything about it. No point worrying about it.  It’s been serviced now, that’s the best that can be done. 

If everything's fine the only problem might be the future resale value.

2 hours ago, sofpopz said:

The car drives great, I have taken it for a Health Check at Ford (everything has come back green) and I am really happy with it, but not sure if this lack of service history could affect something in the future.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

If you had bought a 1.0 ecoboost then you would have something to worry about !

Enjoy your new car, look after it and service it every 12 months and you should have no problems.

8 hours ago, unofix said:

If you had bought a 1.0 ecoboost then you would have something to worry about !

Enjoy your new car, look after it and service it every 12 months and you should have no problems.

It’s still a 3 cylinder and similar design. I’m not sure if it shares the wet belt though. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It’s still a 3 cylinder and similar design. I’m not sure if it shares the wet belt though. 

Yes, I've seen very little about it, but afaik it's basically an Ecoboost without the turbo.

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The 1.1 does use a wetbelt.

Yes agreed, but for some strange reason I have never once seen anyone report a problem with these engines on the forum. Maybe they are super rare and so there is only a small number of them about that failures would be only a tiny amount ?

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It’s still a 3 cylinder and similar design.

Yes it is a very similar design, although the fact that the 1.0 ecoboost is a 3 cylinder doesn't seem to be the cause of most failures. Turbo problems and oil starvation seems to be the down fall of the 1.0

As well as the small volumes produced, they've only been around for about 3 years haven't they?  The 1.0EB is 12 this year! 😮  Presumably generally low mileage drivers, and those that aren't really interested in cars as well, not the type of person to use a forum.  You can prove anything with statistics after all!  Personally, I suspect they will have the same issues eventually.

I remember being told on various VAG forums back in 2011 that 8v 130PD engines absolutely don't suffer the common cam & lifter failure like 150PDs do...despite being identical internally.  Sure enough, within a few months of owning my 130, chosen specifically for the reliability, it became a 6v engine... :laugh:  I keep seeing the same thing on the 1.5 TSI's as well...people complaining about 150ps versions having various issues that the 130ps versions don't, despite again being internally identical...  I'm definitely sceptical there too!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes it is a very similar design, although the fact that the 1.0 ecoboost is a 3 cylinder doesn't seem to be the cause of most failures. Turbo problems and oil starvation seems to be the down fall of the 1.0

Yeah I just meant it's a non-turbo almost identical design to the 1.0, not that 3 cylinders have an issue.

• Like 1

As long as you've had it serviced properly and keep it serviced I wouldn't worry.

Once cars go over 5 years no-one seems as bothered about full service history as it's way out of warranty

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

As well as the small volumes produced, they've only been around for about 3 years haven't they? 

Yes, it only appeared in 1.0 litre form towards the end of the run of the Mk 7.5, replacing the 1.25. In the Mk 8 the capacity went up to 1.1.

I've not seen mention of any problems, but as you say, there are very few about (think a couple of members on here have them). The lower output might put less stress on the belt, though?

Going back to the original post, we don't know the previous ownership of the vehicle. Round my way basic Fiestas tended to be used by the likes of district nurses, health visitors etc, so they may have been serviced "in house" or other arrangement outside the dealer network. In the electricity industry we used to service our vehicles in our own workshops so there would be no manufacturer/dealer service record, though in those pre-GDPR days we included our own service/maintenance record in the paperwork when they went to auction, which presumably can't happen now.

• Like 1

I know they chew clutches (Like 1.3 Capris), other than that, I think they're quite reliable.

6 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

As long as you've had it serviced properly and keep it serviced I wouldn't worry.

Once cars go over 5 years no-one seems as bothered about full service history as it's way out of warranty

I think that's the issue in this case, there is no history for the first 2-3 years, which could be a concern as it has a wet belt.

3 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I know they chew clutches (Like 1.3 Capris), other than that, I think they're quite reliable.

You have to slip the clutch quite a bit in the 3 pots because of the vibrations at low revs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club