Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Sync System 5.10

Cato56
聽Share

Hi Everyone,

I have a Ford Fiesta 2016, on the Ford website it indicates an update to the above 5.10 but this is what is already on the display itself, so I assume must have been updated in the past, my question is that I am not able to log activity on ford system to keep your vehicle's records current given someone has already applied this update, can I extract something of the system back to usb or would I need to contact Ford?

Thanks

Hello Ian, and welcome from the 'future'.

At the moment (March 2022) Ford have just released the latest version of Sync 4, so it looks like you will have to wait until we catch up with you before we can answer questions on Sync 5.10 馃

It鈥檚 likely you have Sync 1.1 with App Link and firmware 5.10

This is different to the later Sync such as Sync3 where you can download updates to USB ( as you can on earlier versions ) but are then required to upload a file that the Sync3 system has placed on the USB media to confirm that the update was successful to obtain further updates.

Best course of action is maybe once a year just log on to the Ford Owner portal and see if any updates have been released. As Sync 1.1 hardware was probably last fitted to Mk 7.5 Fiestas then unless something major happens it鈥檚 probably unlikely any further updates will be forthcoming.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club