Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Sync 3 map update

Mog22

Hi

I have been trying for some time to update the map on my 2018 Fiesta Zetec,without success.  The software update went perfectly okay, but the map update keeps failing.  The first couple of attempts say the update file was corrupted, I downloaded a fresh map update and now it gives a message saying the map is being updated but after about 10 minutes I get a message saying part 1 is completed,restart the vehicle at my earliest convenience, which I do, but then it just repeats the previous cycle and tells me to restart the car!.  I have downloaded a fresh file at least 4 times but still no good.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?.  Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Sometimes it pops up the message saying “restart to continue” and in the very early versions of Sync3 you had to do that. More recently I’ve noticed that because I’ve been driving the update dismisses the pop up after a while and the update actually continues. The only snag is with the lack of a progress bar you can’t verify this easily.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, but I'm afraid mine doesn't continue.  Have tried several times since my last post, but still unable to update my maps.  Very frustrating.

A 2018 might be Sync 3.0. It’s a one way trip if you use cyan labs on that so make sure you fully understand before installing 

• Like 1

What USB stick are you using? 

Across a few brands of cars I’ve used Sandisk 64Gb without any issues. In the early days I’ve experienced issues with some non-brand and branded. 

I tend to keep one ExFAT for Ford Sync3 and FAT32 for others. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club