Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk7.5 Ford Fiesta 2013 rear parking sensors

GarethW99

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. thanks for reading this first of all.

I've had a mk 7.5 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 100ps since May 2019. It came with rear parking sensors but I am not entirely sure if these were ford's original ones as nothing appears on my radio display when selecting reverse, I think they were retrofitted.

When I go into reverse gear, they initially make a beep to say they're on, but over the past couple of years the 'turn on beep' would be followed by four short beeps.. it would go something like "beeeep, beep .. beep .. beep .. beep", it now only makes one small "beep" after the turning on one. Does this signify an issue with the sensors of any kind? the parking sensors have always worked great and give the correct amounts of warning when reversing closer to other cars so I can't seem to find the cause of the other beeps when putting it into reverse.

if anyone has had this experience, what did you do to solve it or did it go away on its own?

many thanks

Unless you had the higher level audio fitted I’m pretty sure you only get the audible beeps from the rear Speakers and the sound only comes from the side the obstacle is detected.

the number of beeps after the activation beep indicate an error ( the guide to these is in the user manual if I remember correctly) 

1 hour ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Unless you had the higher level audio fitted I’m pretty sure you only get the audible beeps from the rear speakers and the sound only comes from the side the obstacle is detected.

the number of beeps after the activation beep indicate an error ( the guide to these is in the user manual if I remember correctly) 

Thanks for replying. I don't think the sound comes directly through the Speakers, there's like a little circle fitted inside by the boot on the left side of the car and the beeping seems to come from there. This is why I think they were retrofitted. I'll get a pic for you tomorrow

From what you have described it sounds like you have 'after market' third party parking sensors. That been said each manufacture has their own system of beeps to indicate a system malfunction, it is impossible to say what would or would not be normal for your system.

If it is doing something different now to what it used to do, then there is a fair chance that the system has a fault, possibly the failure of one of the sensors.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club