Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Services

Johnfieasta

I have just had a service with Invicta at Canterbury. Ford main dealer they picked my car up and was brought back the same day. I had a intermediate service new battery new valve front true  also a video was sent showing a tyre depth on all tyres. I would like to know if any body has had there car serviced at Invicta Canterbury. I was very happy with the work that was done on my car. 

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "new valve front true"

And may I ask how much the Intermediate service cost at Invicta Ford

without the new battery ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Probably 'new valve front tyre.'

On 3/31/2022 at 11:24 AM, Johnfieasta said:

I have just had a service with Invicta at Canterbury. Ford main dealer they picked my car up and was brought back the same day. I had a intermediate service new battery new valve front true  also a video was sent showing a tyre depth on all tyres. I would like to know if any body has had there car serviced at Invicta Canterbury. I was very happy with the work that was done on my car. 

I used Invicta Canterbury once for my Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost's service many years ago and had no issues. The following year I took my Fiesta ST, things didn't go as smoothly.

Earlier in the year I had some stereo issues with the ST (completely cutting out/loud crackling noises) which needed work under Ford Warranty. I didn't get the car from Canterbury (they weren't competitive on prices - got the car from Marshall Motors in Cambridge) but things were booked in with them locally to for the warranty work. Unfortunately, Invicta Canterbury had the car in three times without any success (and often a lack of interest when I collected the car each time from the service desk - I should have taken this as a sign for what came next). In the end, Marshall Motors in Cambridge fixed the car with their first attempt (and gave me a courtesy car for a full week where Invicta Canterbury wouldn't give me anything) and Ford Customer service sent me a voucher towards the cost of servicing or other Ford items from the store.

I received the voucher not long before my first service was due on the ST so made a booking with Invicta Canterbury getting the cost of the service confirmed at the time of booking with the phone agent (*Note I did NOT mention any voucher at this time). When going in to collect the car after the service, I presented the voucher to the service desk manager who promptly said that the price of the service already included the discount and wouldn't be taking any money off. I challenged this as how could the agent making the booking give me a cost with discount voucher when they had not been told I had one. A short standoff ensued as I basically sat and waited at the desk until they charged me the service cost with the voucher discount. The manager then got uppity and started to say that he would contact the service agent who made the booking as they record the calls, to which I said go ahead I would be happy to wait. With several other customers now waiting behind me and seeing the show, the manager finally conceded the service cost and took off the cost of the discount voucher on top.

Haven't set foot at Invicta Canterbury since.

I should say that I did also use Invicta Ashford that was a hassle free service.

After the faff with Invicta Canterbury I took my ST in for MOT & Services to County Garage Ford in Herne Bay (https://www.countygarageford.co.uk/). They are an independent Ford dealer and not a franchise dealer like Invicta Motors.

On 3/31/2022 at 11:24 AM, Johnfieasta said:

On 3/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, crexcrex said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "new valve front true"

And may I ask how much the Intermediate Service cost at Invicta Ford

without the new battery ?

Thanks.

I hello Richard sorry for not answering your question before. 
the amount I paid for the work done on my fiesta was without the battery £252 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club