Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost correct oil filter

Anorakmark

Good evening everyone.

I am in need of some advice as to the correct genuine Ford oil filter that is required for my 2020 Fiesta Vignale 1.0 Ecoboost 1.25 BHP (non MEHV) 

I visited my local ford dealer & quoted my Chassis number and was told the part number is: 2 207 993 please see attached picture.

Upon doing a search on eBay I see Rates ford list the filter as a different part number: 1751529 & the filter looks somewhat larger than the one I have purchased, please see attached picture.

Upon doing further internet searches part number 1751529 seems to be the correct filter. The one Ford's have supplied me is part number: 2 207 993. There seems to be a significant difference in the size depth of the two different filters.

The filter I have been supplied with: 2 207 993 seems to relate to a Puma 1.5 Ecoboost.

I am planning on changing my oil & filter on Wednesday & don't want to end up having the incorrect oil filter, can anybody confirm as to which one is correct.

Thank you in advance for all help.

part number 2 207 993 supplied by ford dealer.jpg

Part number 1751529 on ebay Rates Ford.jpg

1751529 is the oil filter I've used on various 1.0 ecoboost engines when I've done oil changes, the newest being a 2018 Fiesta.

• Thanks 1

Are you able to see the filter that’s already fitted?

• Confused 1

I've not checked as I am unable to see until I remove the underneath cover, I'm confused .com LOL

The smaller one is necessary due to reduced space between the engine and the rad pack...  

I'm not sure exactly which models that's for though.  You should be able to see the oil filter from the top, may need a mirror to get the angle though.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The smaller one is necessary due to reduced space between the engine and the rad pack...  

I'm not sure exactly which models that's for though.  You should be able to see the oil filter from the top, may need a mirror to get the angle though.

Great answer, I just seen a youtube video and they guy doing the oil change stated on the ST models the oil filter is at the front and a close fitting by the Rad. Mine is at the rear just above the sump as far as I'm aware. The question is are they both compatible with my type.

I’m sure my 1.0 Mhev with oil filter at the front had the more “stubby filter” my previous 1.0 wet-belt had the larger oil filter mounted on the rear of the engine.

Possibly Ford have decided they are interchangeable?

• Thanks 1

Just checked my 21 plate 155 MHEV - that has the short front mounted filter.

• Thanks 1

I think the engines from late 2019 use the short filter, which is the same as my 1.5 Dragon engine. All will be revealed when you have a look at it and don't take my word for it.

With regard to Rates on eBay, they don't tend to list service parts for newer cars, they don't even list any for my car. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aldridge Andy said:

I’m sure my 1.0 Mhev with oil filter at the front had the more “stubby filter” my previous 1.0 wet-belt had the larger oil filter mounted on the rear of the engine.

Possibly Ford have decided they are interchangeable?

I checked with Ford today & yes from 2020 onwards they all take the smaller one that was fitted on the 1.5 Ecoboost. SO to confirm if you have a 2020 onwards model your part number is: 2 207 993. So I'm guessing they are interchangeable.

5 hours ago, Tizer said:

I think the engines from late 2019 use the short filter, which is the same as my 1.5 Dragon engine. All will be revealed when you have a look at it and don't take my word for it.

With regard to Rates on eBay, they don't tend to list service parts for newer cars, they don't even list any for my car. 

I called fords today & yes from 2020 they all take the stubby one, part number: 2 207 993. For the record I will update all on Wednesday when I remove the original factory fitted one.

5 hours ago, Tizer said:

Yes this seems correct, I called fords & they confirmed from 2020 the shorter stubby one is used on all engines, part number: 2 207 993

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all your help, seems it it confirmed that from 2020 the shorter stubby one is used, Ford part number: 2 207 993.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 7:16 PM, Anorakmark said:

Good evening everyone.

I am in need of some advice as to the correct genuine Ford oil filter that is required for my 2020 Fiesta Vignale 1.0 Ecoboost 1.25 BHP (non MEHV) 

I visited my local ford dealer & quoted my Chassis number and was told the part number is: 2 207 993 please see attached picture.

Upon doing a search on Ebay I see Rates ford list the filter as a different part number: 1751529 & the filter looks somewhat larger than the one I have purchased, please see attached picture.

Upon doing further internet searches part number 1751529 seems to be the correct filter. The one Ford's have supplied me is part number: 2 207 993. There seems to be a significant difference in the size depth of the two different filters.

The filter I have been supplied with: 2 207 993 seems to relate to a Puma 1.5 Ecoboost.

I am planning on changing my oil & filter on Wednesday & don't want to end up having the incorrect oil filter, can anybody confirm as to which one is correct.

Thank you in advance for all help.

part number 2 207 993 supplied by ford dealer.jpg

Part number 1751529 on ebay Rates Ford.jpg

Is your 2 year old Fiesta not due it's 1st service?

Update. oil & filter changed. on the 2020 Ecoboost 1.0 engine the oil filter is at the front of the engine like on the 1.5 Ecoboost engine. It is the shorter stubby one, Ford part number: 2 207 993.

Thanks everyone for all your input with regards to this post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 8:32 AM, Tiexen said:

Is your 2 year old Fiesta not due it's 1st service?

Yes it's due in September. although the servicing schedule is 18K I prefer to do an interim oil & filter change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club