Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door handle snapped

shadytoon

The straight handle has snapped clean off, Will i need a whole new door card or can u replace the inner part? mk6 zetex s 05

39 minutes ago, shadytoon said:

The straight handle has snapped clean off, Will i need a whole new door card or can u replace the inner part? mk6 zetex s 05

How hard did you pull it after the defeat ?

6 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

How hard did you pull it after the defeat ?

Wasn't me but it clearly snapped cant work out if u can just replace the middle part of the door

IMG_20220330_165242769.jpg

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Must take some force to manage that!

EDIT - The handles are available separately new.  If you let me know which side and colour I'll get the part number.

Front Door Trim Installation FORD Fiesta 01-08 / Fusion 01-12 (CBK) (7zap.com)

think it'll work ? looks like it takes one screw and the other sides attached to the door card and mines snapped clean off.Its black and passenger side for a 3 door fiesta zetec s

4 minutes ago, shadytoon said:

think it'll work ? looks like it takes one screw and the other sides attached to the door card and mines snapped clean off.Its black and passenger side for a 3 door fiesta zetec s

Looks like the part number is 1348986.  Can't find a brand new one on eBay.  This used one may be correct.  Hopefully you can see whether yours is replacable from that image?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184857455767?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like the part number is 1348986.  Can't find a brand new one on eBay.  This used one may be correct.  Hopefully you can see whether yours is replacable from that image?

Erm same product code,Its just  the smaller part i fall to see how it attaches ? seems its already part of the door card when made

dooor.jpg

door2.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shadytoon said:

Erm same product code,Its just  the smaller part i fall to see how it attaches ? seems its already part of the door card when made

I can't tell anything from the snapped handle unfortunately.  You would either need to take a picture of the snapped piece remaining on the doorcard, or remove the door card and take a picture from the back, so I can work out how it's attached originally.

I wish I could advise further but in all my Ford years I've never seen one break before, so it's not a job I've done myself.  All I can suggest is that if they're listed separately on the Ford parts catalogue, and breakers are selling used ones, they must be replaceable somehow.  My guess would be that they're plastic welded if not bolted.  If that's the case, you can use a hot soldering iron to DIY plastic welding.  I reckon even an old glowplug would work for an 'out of the box' idea if you don't have a soldering iron.  Or you may be able to fit a short bolt/screw instead.

Alternatively...breakers yards must be full of door cards...  Not easily postable, but if you can find a local one to collect, that'll save you some hassle!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My guess would be that they're plastic welded if not bolted.  If that's the case, you can use a hot soldering iron to DIY plastic welding.

In my old Mercedes C class, I replaced the speaker grill in the passenger door card due to a careless passenger kicking the old one breaking it. Took me an age to work out how to install the new one, but that is exactly how it was held in, it needed to be welded in, which I did indeed use a soldering iron - worked  a treat!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 7:51 PM, TomsFocus said:

came today,saved me bare money both sides screw in just the other side has snapped inside.thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club