Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Finesse Reverse Lights

Mike Jacob

I found my reverse light is not working. It worked once because i heard parking sensors  when i got too close to a car.

It's an automatic from 2005 JH1 model

I have checked fuse, changed lightbulb now I'm trying to check reverse switch i want to make sure if it's that one from picture bellow.

I couldn't check voltage with an multi meter because when i put in reverse with motor off i can hear the switch turning off and on all over again. Click stops if i start the engine and i put in reverse and neutral.

Because it's an automatic is there be any problem if i try to open the reverse switch?

Any other ideas? 

TA

reverse  sw c fiesta.jpg

When i attempted to check with multi meter i took the connection off from taillight and it started to click on and off. after putting back and start the engine clicks only once.

Hearing that clicks make me think it's not the reverse light switch i speak with my mechanic he said the same thing still worth a try. Also my car have a tow bar installed i might think to remove it on a service if i can't fix this. 

I do not know the answer. But at least reverse light is not part of mot test on car of that age. But I do regard reverse light as quite important. 

There's a simple test you can do to save removing the switch.  Just unplug it and bridge out the plug pins with a short jumper wire or even an unbent paperclip.  Then switch the ignition on and the reverse light should be on regardless of which gear you're in.

The light cluster tracks can corrode on the Mk6, stopping the power getting through.  So it's worth pulling the bulb holder out of the lense to check that visually.

• Like 1

Yes Tom light cluster it's corroded when i changed the bulb i scrapped slowly with a screwdriver where light bulb fits. I'm gonna try paperclip trick today quite hard to get around there when you don't have an car lift. Anyway putting on a kerb is faster i have a nice tall kerb on my driveway 🙂 I will come with updates anytime soon. Ty so far.

The only thing i'm concern about is if i remove the switch can do something bad to my automatic gearbox.

• Like 1

I did put the paperclip and it's works even the sound for reverse inside my cabin.  Before ordering a new switch i will try to spray some W40 on the old one. 

• Like 1

I haven't changed the switch on an auto, but I can't see any reason that removing it would cause any problems.  Just don't drop anything in the hole lol.

LoL. anyway  i had an attempt to unscrew-it with no success. Sprayed some w40 and i will wait until tomorrow to try to take it off. Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club