Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What triggered my alarm?

Eric Bloodaxe
聽Share

Alarm on my Mk 8 has never been triggered in the 4 years I've had it - until last night.

Car was parked outside our static caravan and went off about 11pm. Checked for all likely external causes, (including a flock of sheep which occasionally get into the site馃榾) but could find nothing, and no recurrence.

Had a good look around this morning, but again nothing external.

On checking inside the car, found my National Trust windscreen sticker on the floor, obviously having fallen off since the car was parked up on Thursday.

Are alarms so sensitive that something like that could trigger it?

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Are alarms so sensitive that something like that could trigger it?

I don't know but if you get set up with FORScan it will tell you what triggered it.

• Like 1

There is a very good chance something falling, even just your NT sticker would cause a shift in the ultrasonic enough to trigger it. They react to the speed of movement rather than the size, and no fly's don't generally set them off other than if it lands on top of a sensor.聽

• Like 1

Last week a alert. On Ford pass informed me my alarm had went off. On inspecting the car I noticed my dash cam had fell off the windscreen and left dangling by the cable, I assumed (I hope) that was the cause of the alarm.聽

Maybe the same as your sticker.聽

• Like 2

Think your car was just protesting at being in a caravan site or worse still owners are national trust members. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, auldreekie said:

On inspecting the car I noticed my dash cam had fell off the windscreen and left dangling by the cable,

Coincidentally just after I had posted this morning my caravan neighbours alarm went off on his Kuga. He said his dashcam regularly comes off and triggers it.

Many thanks all for comments - hadn't appreciated the things were so sensitive.

• Like 1

I've got a sticker too but don't want to admit I'm old yet. Not fitted to my windscreen . That because I've lost it. Losing things is a sign your old too. 馃ぃ

4 hours ago, iantt said:

I've got a sticker too but don't want to admit I'm old yet. Not fitted to my windscreen . That because I've lost it. Losing things is a sign your old too. 馃ぃ

Still got my sticker - it's in the glovebox now as it won't stay stuck any more!

I think mine may have fallen off because of the rather stiff email I sent to the National Trust recently expressing my concern about the rather "woke" attitudes they seem to be displaying these days!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club