Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sign of the times - fuel light...

StephenFord
聽Share

Ever since getting my Focus, I have never dropped below a quarter tank, I'm quite prone to 'range anxiety'! However, with the new Putin tax, I have been putting off fueling the old girl till the trip home today caused my low fuel light to come on, for the 1st time. At least I know it works 馃ぃ

35030819_lowfuel.thumb.jpg.8c27e9a9e5b4c48dc7badafc8d206239.jpg

• Sad 1

Good time to make a note of how much fuel you put in, so you can calculate how much is left in the tank - does wonders for your nerves knowing that!

1 minute ago, RMurphy195 said:

Good time to make a note of how much fuel you put in, so you can calculate how much is left in the tank - does wonders for your nerves knowing that!

Funnily enough, I thought of that. I managed to put in 45.2 liters, but was having issues finding out the specified tank capacity of my 2005 Mk2 Focus. Google returns a few conflicting answers, so, if you know the proper answer, much appreciated! LOL

50 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Funnily enough, I thought of that. I managed to put in 45.2 liters, but was having issues finding out the specified tank capacity of my 2005 Mk2 Focus. Google returns a few conflicting answers, so, if you know the proper answer, much appreciated! LOL

55 litres on petrol.聽 53 litres on diesel.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

55 litres on petrol.聽 53 litres on diesel.

Thanks Tom, nice to know that on appearance of light, I have 60 miles to get some more juice (roughly 30Mpg), have no idea how I'd cope with an EV, stress is bad enough with a nice fossil fuel LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Thanks Tom, nice to know that on appearance of light, I have 60 miles to get some more juice (roughly 30Mpg), have no idea how I'd cope with an EV, stress is bad enough with a nice fossil fuel LOL

Do you not have a range reading on the LX?聽 On the Mk2.5, the fuel light comes on with 50 miles left on the range.聽

They changed that on Mk3 for a variable system...which is fine if you drive a thirsty petrol, but mine was coming on with 80+ miles left on the 1.6TDCi...I'd end up driving around with the fuel light on for a week and still ignoring it out of habit when it was actually low! :rolleyes::laugh:

IMG_20180323_141401949_HDR.thumb.jpg.d1b3e46945936c2f6d76879e27446db2.jpg

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you not have a range reading on the LX?聽

Tom, I have wind up rear windows, a 'range reading' on my little LX would have been classed as an absolute luxury not needed 馃ぃ

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Tom, I have wind up rear windows, a 'range reading' on my little LX would have been classed as an absolute luxury not needed 馃ぃ

Doesn't sound like much of a luxury if it reduces your range anxiety. :wink:

Besides, most of the facelifts had wind up windows...only people wealthy enough to afford a Titanium or ST3 would get electric rears as standard! :laugh:

• Haha 1

On the subject of range anxiety...聽 I don't make a habit of this, honest... :whistling1:

0milesGolf.thumb.jpg.08bc65bc56d1b1c501ece0336cddaef0.jpg

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club