Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice needed

Tonyrow

Hello where do I start I’ve got a 2017 grand connect wheelchair adapted for a taxi first the timing belt snapped new camshaft rockers engine flush car runs great sounds great but when driving it misfires when it warms up took it to garage new fuel filter on still same had it in diagnostics for a week now he’s found a electrical problem with injectors intermittent he’s recommended changing the ecu and cloning it to sort problems I’m thousands in it and don’t know if that will solve problems it’s used as a taxi for school transport also done gearbox automatic oil and revs are very high after not sure where to turn next I can’t seem to find a ecu online different codes on them any advice or should I cut losses and scrap car I’m at my witts end thanks 

Also no codes showing even when timing snapped just says crank time exceeded 

You have powershift, 6DCT450, the reliable one

I'd put money on you have a broken comms wire somewhere, either from the PCM to the TCM or from the TCM to the transmission

I'd be getting an auto electrician to check the wiring harnesses for breaks BEFORE spending money on a new PCM or TCM.

Ensure all the earth grounding points are clean and secure also and that the battery is in good condition.

• Like 1

There are NO software updates available for your vehicle

He said he’s checked it all and ecu is best bet no guarantee it will work he says it only started after timing snapped I’ll ask him about this or is it something I can check myself do you think I’m thick when it comes to cars thanks for advice I’ll get back when I’ve spoken to him 

They don't usually just go down but can have comms issues with broken CAN wires, which don't throw up codes.

I believe the large connector in the LH front wheel arch is the main culprit

• Like 1

I’m waiting on another auto electrician to get back to me this ones £50 a hour other one remapped and egr deleted my Skoda for £100 he’s hard to get free time 

20 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I'd put money on you have a broken comms wire somewhere, either from the PCM to the TCM or from the TCM to the transmission

I'd be getting an auto electrician to check the wiring harnesses for breaks BEFORE spending money on a new PCM or TCM.

Ensure all the earth grounding points are clean and secure also and that the battery is in good condition.

As previously advised

57 minutes ago, Tonyrow said:

Told me to get ecu same as this 

I would not expect it to be the ECU, and I doubt if the garage could have found a way to test it. I suspect they are guessing, and as long as you pay for the guess work they will be happy to keep guessing.

• Like 1

Anyone close to Newcastle upon Tyne like 

Took it for test drive does it about 2500 rpm car jerks and works doesn’t stop running just a jerk would it be worth getting injectors tested or not other auto electrician got back to is says did I test injectors on bench I said no he’s going to try squeezing is in somewhere 

• Like 1

Tyre sensors not detected come on will it be from same place connectors you think 

• 1 month later...

I just got off phone with auto elecrician he’s found a fault says crankshaft position sensor at fault hopefully easy fix just a update for yous 

• Like 1

Auto electrician Checked all wiring all perfect couldn’t find any faults took it back to original garage they found u0073-00 fault says ecu problem they think going to sort it and get back to is hopefully this sorts it 

Auto electrician says it’s definitely mechanical problem garage says it might be electrical 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club