Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium Mk 6 (2014) - rear brake lights not working

Jon12345

Someone told me that my two rear brake lights are not working, but the one on the top does. Is this likely to be a fuse issue, or are all 3 lights on the same fuse?

Have you checked bulbs, that is most likely thing

• Like 3

All 3 are on the same fuse.  They also use the same brake light switch, so that can also be ruled out.

Either bulbs as Isetta suggested, or corroded tracks in the light clutsers.

• Like 2

Ok, so the fact they are on the same fuse means that the fuse works. Where would you buy the bulbs? amazon? eBay?

4 minutes ago, Jon12345 said:

Ok, so the fact they are on the same fuse means that the fuse works. Where would you buy the bulbs? Amazon? Ebay?

Can often buy bulbs in a local supermarket to save postage.  But yes, eBay, amazon, Halfords, Euros etc all sell them, they're just standard 380 21/5w bulbs.  

Just noticed 2014 in the title - that makes it a UK Mk7, not Mk6, so corroded tracks in the clusters are unlikely.

The bulbs are easy enough to remove and check visually, you'll generally see a snapped filament or a burn mark on failed bulbs, same as conventional household bulbs.

• Like 1

I think it’s fair to say you don’t know much about car bulbs so I will warn you of this.  The bayonet pins on the metal part of the bulb are stepped so bulb only fits one way round. If you don’t take this into account it is easy to wedge the bulb in the wrong way round which means your lights won’t correctly work.    Wilko do bulbs for cars

• Like 1

Just take the car to Halfords and get them to fit two new Lamps. While you're there you can buy some covers for the cold leather seats and a set of floor mats.

• Like 1

my 2 rear break lights went out 2 weeks ago. I have a 2014 fiesta titanium. Both of the bulbs had blown. The same bulb also powers the rear tail lights. These were still working. Simply replacing them fixed the issue.

I just used these from halfords: https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs/380-p21%2F5w-car-bulb-plus25-percent-longer-life-halfords-twin-pack-717540.html

Replacing the rear break lights was an absolute pain for me. There's a hand tight screw in the back that was incredibly tight. I had to use a screwdriver and some leverage to get it going initially then was able to untighten by hand.

You'll need a torx 20 bit as well to unscrew the lights.

If you need a video to follow: 

On 5/26/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jon12345 said:

my two rear brake lights are not working,

27 minutes ago, Nitecreeper said:

my 2 rear break lights went out 2 weeks ago.

The good news is the front brake lights are working perfectly 🤣

• Haha 2

Hey thanks guys. The info and that YouTube video were super-helpful. I looked at another YouTube video and it didn't talk about the extra plastic screw that you have to undo by hand. I was wondering why I couldn't get the damn light off! Anyway, done now.

The bulb is white and kinda cloudy. 

I want to buy from amazon since I get next day delivery with amazon Prime. Does it matter what brand or are they all the same?  I'm thinking cheaper brands might blow more easily?

Would these do the trick?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/halogen-signal-7528ULT-02B-passenger-blister/dp/B003A66VHM/

They'll be fine.

A bulb can blow at any time, regardless of the brand or how much you pay for them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mickywrx said:

A bulb can blow at any time

just a typo ? did you mean ....

"A bulb can grow at any time" 🤣

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, unofix said:

just a typo ? did you mean ....

"A bulb can grow at any time" 🤣

That is very true, doubt one made of glass and metal will be fast bloomer though. 😉 😂

All fixed now. bulbs installed and working. Yay! Thanks for everybody's help.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club