Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Damage On Front Bumpers

poshpawsfiesta

i created a post the other day as i was worried that our 10 month old car has peeling paint , but our second mk7 got delivered the other day and it also has the same problem , so this must be a design fault surely !! this is tottaly unacceptable dony u think !!!

mmmm031.jpg

mmmm030.jpg

ohhh yes and does anyone know y the green car has black undercoat and the blue has white ???/

Wouldn't really bother me that much to be honest, being more or less out of sight - although I suppose it does represent a bit of careless design on Fords behalf.

Mine is the same, Panther Black with white bits showing through just where you show them on the photos. I only noticed it after driving through the floods earlier this year (I was checking carefully for any damage), so I don't know if that caused it or if it was like that from delivery. It's the sort of thing you have to look for in order to notice it, so it's not something that bothers me particularly. I have thought about dabbing some black paint on there, and might do if I get round to repainting the brake drums/calipers (where the light dusting of rust is far more noticable).

It's not good, is it? I imagine it's stones and all the other muck that gets thrown up as you drive along.

I'm surprised Ford didn't add a little shaped rubber pad here to prevent it, or at least a piece of vinyl to protect the area. I'm moving from a Toyota Yaris to the Fiesta (about 3 weeks!) and they had a similar problem with stones damaging the outside of the front area around the rear wheel wells. If you look closely at a Yaris, you'll see it has clear plastic protection stickers there. Looks like Ford need to do something similar.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club