Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre presssure

Duwsh

Hey got a Mk7 fiesta and picking up my friend, her son with their two suitcases from the airport in a couple of weeks and want to get the tire pressure right, I’ve found this information online but the rear loaded pressure seems awfully high compared to normal pressure - just wanted to make sure it was right. Any advice welcome.

Just an FYI it’s the middle one 

D92DDA1F-5996-423A-8B38-033CC37FF039.png

Yup. That's what Ford recommend. 

I think most people don't bother changing for the odd journey. Also, the picture on the door pillar normally shows 5 people plus their bags, I think, so you will only be 'half-loaded'.

So I'd ease the 33 up to 35 front, and the 26 up to 35 rear for your airport journey.... and then leave them at those pressures!

It's always a compromise, as you can't change tyre pressures every time you give someone a lift or go to B&Q for two bags of cement. 

• Like 1

Yes mine also shows that wide variation on the rear. Sometimes I drive my car on my own sometimes full of people or sometimes with cement sacks etc in back. I set my rears to 33psi . It’s a bit impractical to keep changing the pressure. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, isetta said:

Yes mine also shows that wide variation on the rear. Sometimes I drive my car on my own sometimes full of people or sometimes with cement sacks etc in back. I set my rears to 33psi . It’s a bit impractical to keep changing the pressure. 

So do you run 33 /33 all the time? Dow the tyres wear ok? How does the car feel? Looking for my Son's new car..  Thanks

Yes, tyre wear seems fine, car feels fine . I’ve done 70k miles so if something wAsnt right I would have noticed by now. But I have 165/75/14 tyres which are not common (econetic diesel).  Three quarters of my driving is 70 mph on motorway/ good dual carriageway. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, isetta said:

Yes, tyre wear seems fine, car feels fine . I’ve done 70k miles so if something wAsnt right I would have noticed by now. But I have 165/75/14 tyres which are not common (econetic diesel).  Three quarters of my driving is 70 mph on motorway/ good dual carriageway. 

The car has 195/50/16 on it.. More around town than motorway for my son..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club