Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Courier Costs

TomsFocus

It's been a while since I posted anything bigger than a lettee.  Just looked on parcel2go and find the cheapest delivery is now £3 for sub 1kg, and a fiver for 1-2kg.  That's for a 3-5 day delivery with collection. :unsure:

Is that about the going rate now, or are there cheaper sites than P2G?

Was intending to stick a few things on eBay this weekend but think the postage costs will make it unviable.  

Needs to be a collection service so I think that rules out Royal Mail.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Needs to be a collection service so I think that rules out Royal Mail.

Apparently not. My postie popped a card through my letter box the other day saying they do now offer that:

https://www.royalmail.com/collection

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Apparently not. My postie popped a card through my letter box the other day saying they do now offer that:

https://www.royalmail.com/collection

Well that changes things a bit! :smile:

Looks like a small parcel (up to 2kg) would cost £2.85 for 2nd class, plus 60p for collection.  Making RM cheapest for a small parcel collection between 1-2Kg.  Evri (Hermes) still have the edge below 1kg though.

• Like 2

royal mail will collect, they have done fro myself. plenty of couriers out there just finding a price your happy to pay. I was looking at shipping a tailgate from Trenent in Scotland prices ranged from £75.00 to £180 i declined.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

royal mail will collect, they have done fro myself. plenty of couriers out there just finding a price your happy to pay. I was looking at shipping a tailgate from Trenent in Scotland prices ranged from £75.00 to £180 i declined.

It's more what buyers will be happy to pay tbh.  The items I'm intending to sell are small and only like £5-15 so adding postage of nearly a fiver makes them unviable.  I am also intending to donate a small percentage to charity too.  I don't particularly need the money, just the space!

I did break cars for parts in the past, shipping panels was never fun lol!  I'd rather give them away free than have to wrap them for shipping! :laugh:

• Like 1

I managed to get an ST tailgate locally, just gotta get round to fitting it, those damned mini skips puling out when your reversing haha

• Haha 1

Further to the previous question...  Does anyone know if the postman collecting works on the same way as a 'counter transaction' for restricted items?

I'm guessing it doesn't, and that it's counter service or no service, but can't find a proper answer from a quick search.

• Like 1

ring your local PMG

2 hours ago, Jimpster said:

ring your local PMG

Not sure what PMG is?

I can't ring anyone though, my options are basically Google, FOC or email lol.

• Like 1

post master general, they are contactable via your local sorting office

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, so I've been using the collection service lately, works well and doesn't cost any extra as there's a reduction for buying online which I hadn't realised.

Until today...when it won't let me book collections.  Just wondered if it's an issue my end or if anyone else is having the same problem?

(PS - To answer the previous question, restricted items can only via the counter.)

(Edit - Working fine now.  Must have been a glitch earlier.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club