Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel cap key

Ramzi91

Hi everyone,

I own a 2004 Fiesta Ghia , the fuel cap key got stolen, and i'm wondering whether it opens the doors ? Or is there anyway to get inside the car with it.

Thank you

• Sad 1

So how are going to put petrol in? 

• Haha 1

If it's a separate key then it will not fit the doors otherwise you would just have the one key

• Like 2

It's indeed a separate key i was just wondering since there would be a possibility for them to literally come back everytime  , and for refueling the actual car key does open the fuel cap

Just because there are (WERE) two keys, doesn't mean that they aren't identical. In fact this latest post from the  OP suggests that they ARE identical.

Was this model from a time when the car was supplied with two keys - one had remote buttons and one didn't, but they both had the same metal blade?

• Like 1

From what I can see, the 2004 Fiesta has a fuel door, does this not lock/unlock with the central locking like it does on my 2005 Focus? (My car also has 2 x keys, one a 'fob' both with same blades)

Just now, StephenFord said:

From what I can see, the 2004 Fiesta has a fuel door, does this not lock/unlock with the central locking like it does on my 2005 Focus?

No.  It simply has a key barrel, no electronics, even in the end-of-line 2008 models! 

The filler key barrel had to be ripped out of one of mine after the only key snapped in the ignition barrel.  Cheap used ignition barrel & key was fitted...leaving no way to open the filler flap. :rolleyes:   Fortunately the flap stayed closed using magic or something...even on hard corners it didn't open. :laugh: 

• Thanks 1