Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta st 2014 check engine light

Zwhpos

Hello everyone, i am facing a problem 3 weeks now with no luck. Check engine light comes on when i have 5 or 6 gear going 80-90 km and pressing the gas pedal normally.. I have gone 4-5 tines to ford service but the code is so general we have found nothing yet but i changed the maf sensor due to low readings, still no luck.. Nothing else showed in live data readings.. The code is "P2187 lean air-fuel mixture". I have tried different gas stations, changed air filter, looked the air hoses for leaks, nothing. We are going crazy here.. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be the turbo, but I'm not sure.

Here is my guess : Your turbo is a little bit gripped, so when you ask him a lot of torque to push your car in 6th gear it doesn't send enough air, but your injectors still send the correct amount of fuel. So in the engine there is too much fuel compared to the air.

The only problem with that guess, is that your mixture would be rich, not lean :/

My second guess is : One of your injector is dirty, so in the same situation as before, your turbo works fine but one of your injector doesn't. It would cause too much air compared to the fuel sent.

Tbh it could be a lot of different things, but those two guesses are the most current problems, so....

Anyway, good luck mate.

Thanks for replying. Took it to a mechanic shop (not ford) and finally he found the problem. It was the evap system which has a purge connected to harness and three other valves. The purge valve was working but one of the three other valves was faulty. Air should go only one way but in that valve was going both ways, so ecu read more air than fuel resulting in code P2187. Had to buy whole evap system but at least it is fixed.

9 hours ago, Zwhpos said:

Thanks for replying. Took it to a mechanic shop (not ford) and finally he found the problem. It was the evap system which has a purge connected to harness and three other valves. The purge valve was working but one of the three other valves was faulty. Air should go only one way but in that valve was going both ways, so ecu read more air than fuel resulting in code P2187. Had to buy whole evap system but at least it is fixed.

Damn ! That was a sneaky problem haha ! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club